+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    There was a comment that infuriated me the other day!!! Bit of bacground for you :
    Its my second child but my DH's first so his family has only known DD1 recently and she is now 6.
    His Grandmother was talking about all the bits of DD2 that look like their family members like "oh she has such and suchs nose etc" Then quite rudely asked "is there anything about her that looks like you?" WTF??? She looks identical to DD1 and DD1 is a minni version of me LOL

Oh and she isn' taking to the boob and i have been told by MIL agains the advice of the midwives "Stop giving her EBM in the bottle!!! She'll eventually get hungry enough to take the boob" ARG!!! Not a good idea when she's losing weight!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got "oh don't be so mean" in response to my lightening fast intercept of a choc chip biscuit heading towards my 9 month old baby's mouth courtesy of an older female relative. umm no, mean is feeding a poor defenseless baby food that her tummy isn't ready for, mean is feeding rubbish to children who don't know any better and setting them up for a lifetime of ill health, obesity and bullying. My in laws are awesome and 100% supportive, my family on the other hand have to be constantly watched as they equate love and affection with treats and junk food and seem to delight in trying to slip chocolate to my toddler just to annoy me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grr to family members who think they know better...

They remind me of the all the things I won't ever be as a grandmother!

Rude, insensitive, overbearing and a know-it-all!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    MIL - "when are you going to start giving him normal milk" - referring to formula. At 6 months I snapped and pretty much shouted "NEVER - he's NEVER going to have a bottle - he's breast fed. NEVER EVER! So STOP ASKING ME!!!" At 1 she would comment on how funny it looked to breast feed him because he wasnt a baby. At 2 she asked if I'd had my breast milk tested because she'd heard that after 2 years its no good. At 3 she freaked out because I was breast feeding while pregnant and told me it was bad for the baby. I SNAPPPED again. Haven't heard a word about breast feeding since. I'm so tempted if she ever is game to ask me again if Jasper is breast feeding to tell her he is like... forever...

Step mum - "put farax in his milk and cut the nipple off" FRIGHTENING suggestion considering I was breast feeding, that would f-ing hurt!!!! I responded with a polite smile and a "oh, okay, yeah, thanks" and she knew that translated to "hell no" and she practically shrieked at me "Rachel - he's HUNGRY" ... reaallllyyy... umm.... yeah.... I'm totally starving my 97th percentile chubba bubba on unlimited breast milk and solids (he was about 14 months)

FIL - telling me I'm mean because I refused to let him feed Jasper junk food at 6 months.

SIL - "leave him, if you just get him he'll just learn every time he cries you'll come" (that made me get him quicker... cos thats EXACTLY what I wanted to teach my 6 week old baby - that mummy will come whenever he needs)

Grandma - its totally wrong to hit children... because its confusing to them... hands are for loving, cuddling, holding, not for hitting. THATS why its better to use an implement... like a wooden spoon.

my GP (this just cracked me up) - "if you dont get him out of your bed NOW he'll sleep in there until he's 21" bahahahahahahahahahahaha thats EXACTLY why I let him cosleep. Because when he's 21 he'll likely still want to cosleep... but not with me... he's only my tiny boy for a moment in time and then after that he's someone elses boy (man)

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    "You're going to have to leave her to cry it out at one point"

WELL.. I know who's NOT babysitting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My sister to my DP when we took a bit longer to do something than she wanted due to my 24/7 morning sickness "She's pregnant, not sick!" and she's barely spoken to us since....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Grandma - its totally wrong to hit children... because its confusing to them... hands are for loving, cuddling, holding, not for hitting. THATS why its better to use an implement... like a wooden spoon.
    That was actually quite lovely.....and then I got to the last sentence

Thanks
    Reviews

Default grrr.

MIL ""(even tho my 17 mth old son is WALKING) ""you should put a helmet on him in case he hits his head""...""don't let him cry in his cot to sleep, you should rock him..) yeah right, lets begin a HABIT..

""you should put a single bed in dd's room and sleep next to her so she can see you""... (why would i do that? she sleeps fine with no crying on her own..)

SIL""every time dd screams, just slap her across the face"".. F*** off lady!! don't tell me what to do, because last time I checked, YOUR kids were spawn of the devils, and even at 9 & 13 can't behave properly in public.

my MIL & FIL refuses to babysit both our kids who are 17 mth old and 3 years old COS IT'S TOO MUCH FOR THEM.... and they need the SIL to come help them. ""We'll just watch one kid"", yeah cos that's useful lady, If im going to go out with one kid, why not just bring the other?!

oh and the best one::
    ""you've put on weight""... no sh*t lady, (at the time ds was only 1 month old) so still had a baby belly.. what a stupid comment, seriously. for someone who has never worked a day in her life, had HER mother bring up her kids, and has hubby doing everything from cooking to washing and all housework while she sleeps all day, surely you'd think SHE would have the perfect body, after all. what a HARD LIFE.

I have left them once or twice with MIL & FIL and seriously, both kids haven't even been fed!!! ''oh they didn't wanna eat""... oh really? since when? the REASON why ds is crying is cos he's hungry... ""well, i've been playing with him"". is that all you're good at?
    Last edited by GlitterFarts; 16-02-2012 at 12:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Dad having a go at me for my DD's still being in nappies... You never toilet trained us, Mum did! And my girls will TT when they are ready, pushing it will only create an issue.

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MIL picking vegetables off DDs plate saying 'she won't eat that or that or that'-
    excuse me but if i want to fill her plate with veggies i will and who knows, maybe shell try it and like it!

And then dashing some mild chilli sauce on the side :-/-
    Yes seriously, DD doesn't mind chilli but I just don't get the concept or removing veggies and adding something I would class as an 'adult' food/acquired taste.

Then also spoon fed her a bowl of desert and made comments about her well she was doing still awake at 10pm- a stab at me for sticking to a strict bedtime routine I'm sure.

DD is 20months old.