+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've also had the rod for your own back by a rellie who has seen me twice in my life! I also have the constant 'put DD down' 'let DD cry' 'leave DD with me' 'if she doesn't sleep she needs formula' 'your going to kill DD in your aleep' I get constantly 'are you still bf?' my answer is yes then they say 'oh are you sure it's enough' I've even had 'give her some jelly' lol I'be got so many more!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dd falls asleep on my lap every night, she's just turned 1.

"you spoil her by cuddling her to sleep"

Stfu you raised your many chn who are emotionally effed up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    "oh, your baby doesn't sleep through the night??"
    "you should put your baby in a routine"
    "how are you feeling, you seemed like you were struggling when I saw you last" (DD was 3 weeks old - and I was sleep deprived! It's called having a newborn, idiot!)

Sorry OP, ended up having my own mini vent
    Totally valid vent, OP. There's nothing worse than family members who want to tell you how to parent YOUR child. My personal favourite is family members/friends who don't have children who tell you how to parent.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (16-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodelly View Post
    My dd falls asleep on my lap every night, she's just turned 1.

"you spoil her by cuddling her to sleep"

Stfu you raised your many chn who are emotionally effed up.

GGRR my mum says that all the time, and you know what mum, DS is now putting himself to sleep all by himself now, and he tells you when he wants to go to bed, sorry DS wasnt like your children who self settled from get go. (so you say, but i as an only child till 8 remember differently!)

oh and another one: he shouldnt be sleeping in your bed, um well you battle a screaming child, who by the way only comes into our bed when he is sick or in pain from teething, then go work 8 hours a day. I choose my battles, and i choose sleep!! bahahah!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow.... If my in laws try any of that they are going to cop it big time!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    And just now mil calls and says to DH ,for the hundreth time ''people want to come and see DD..when are you calling them?'' umm..i dont care who wants to come over, i'll invite them when im good and ready!!
    and thn'' make sure you both goto the upcoming wedding (of a family friend)''.. DH pointed out how we had to leave in 30min on previous wedding we've been to as DD wouldnt stop crying..her response ''doesnt matter! you need to keep going out anyway '' ... all this while im walking in the hall way trying to put DD to sleep.. yeah right as if im going if you say so!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellpops View Post
    oh and another one: he shouldnt be sleeping in your bed, um well you battle a screaming child, who by the way only comes into our bed when he is sick or in pain from teething, then go work 8 hours a day. I choose my battles, and i choose sleep!! bahahah!
    I got this one about 20 mins ago. Was saying DD sleeping longer chunks when she came into our bed rather than in her cot. Got told she should be sleeping in her cot.

Though she was more concerned about the safety with co-sleeping than anything. I just emailed her some links re co-sleeping.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (16-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh so glad I'm a single parent by choice and don't have the other half of the equation to worry about they'd send me batty in no time.

Thankfully my own family is nothing but supportive!!!
    to you all that have to deal with it!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nelle7250 For This Useful Post:

peanuthead  (16-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleK View Post

Totally valid vent, OP. There's nothing worse than family members who want to tell you how to parent YOUR child. My personal favourite is family members/friends who don't have children who tell you how to parent.

hey no worries! vent away . im more than happy for others to share the annoying comments they get !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleK View Post
    "oh, your baby doesn't sleep through the night??"
    "you should put your baby in a routine"
    "how are you feeling, you seemed like you were struggling when I saw you last" (DD was 3 weeks old - and I was sleep deprived! It's called having a newborn, idiot!)

I got plenty of Breastfeeding advice from my mother and brother - neither if whom have ever Breastfed! :/

I've been getting asked when I'll stop feeding for many months now (bub is 18 mo and I plan to let him self wean - but not before we get to WHO's 2yr recommendation

"it won't hurt him to let him cry"

"when are you going to get rid of the monitor?"

"why have you put on so much weight?"

Oh I could go on and on. Just like they do :/