+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it's so rude not to RSVP. This happened last year and I called all of the parents to ask specifically and they were a little taken aback, but I explained that I needed to know so that I had enough party bags and if ppl don't RSVP their child would miss out on a party bag (which I spent a lot of time and $ on!) and prizes in the games.

It's just common courtesy to RSVP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I never thought of the sibling thing though. DD2 always comes everywhere with us, school discos, sports days, everything, so I always figure people would presume she will be coming too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If the party was for school aged kids i would not expect siblings to be included unless it was a family BBQ or something. I

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always RSVP whether coming or not (we always go though) it is a huge pet peeve of mine. I hate when I've gone through so much effort and dd is sooo excited for her friends to come but I havnt heard from many. It is so rude!

Me and She - 4

Sent from my iPhone using Bubhub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I do... Sometimes I think I do forget to say I'm not coming, but usually I try to say thanks for the invite, but I have XYZ on... Or... I don't drive & the nearest bus stop is 2.5klms away & I'll be 39 weeks pregnant by then so maybe next time. Lol.

I'll RSVP that I'm coming - though sometimes I wonder if I've said 'I'll come!' and then get an invite, sometimes I realise just before I didn't RSVP after receiving the invite, I just assumed because I already said I would that didn't need to RSVP. Though I probably usually do, I just know I did that for a friends wedding once - WHOOPS! I did call and say 'hey umm you do have me down as coming yeah?' and she said yes she had me as coming *phew*. But it could have been messy as it was well after the RSVP date.
    Last edited by Boobycino; 12-02-2012 at 15:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Though if it were my party and I get a poor response I do a quick SMS around to just remind people to let me know. I find that drums up people who just completely forget.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always RSVP if we are going or can't make it.

Ds's b'day is on Tuesday and he's having a party after school that day. Since its a new school he invited his entire class. I've had 7 replies - those are all conning, and I will presume the other 15 aren't seeing today was the RSVP day.

Me -28 & my boys 7, 5 & 4
    -------------------------------------
    Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    It really annoys me... Even for our wedding i had to ring around and chase people because i had to pay $200 p/h and people couldn't even be bothered to call and let us know!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How did the party go OJandMe? Did the boys enjoy themselves

abiishu is offline embrace your inner birthing goddess
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We always rsvp. We usually make up a little note and pop it in the mail for the birthday boy/girl - it is such a thrill to get a real letter in the mail these days

We were in a similar situation with my DDs' party last year, had not heard back from a few of our invitees and it really throws a spanner in the works. Makes it difficult to plan party bags, games like pass the parcel (wanted the right number of gifts in there for all the kids) etc. The ones we hadn't heard from didnt turn up in the end.

Have not read the whole thread, but hope your boys enjoyed the party today however many guests turned up!