+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I always RSVP, especially if it's a children's party.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Absolutely, I always RSVP to anything we're invited to! IMO, I too would find it extremely rude to invite someone (particularly with an actual invite) and not get a response.

I hope that most of them turn up and you haven't wasted money and your son has a lovely party!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 3InATub For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always RSVP it's just plain rude if you don't. Kids parties don't come cheap. I'm currently planning my daughters 3rd bday did the Facebook invites ages ago just doing the paper ones this weekend. I plan on putting on the invites that I would appreciate a call or text either way for catering purposes as have been caught in the past not having enough food Lilly bags etc.

I hope you family has a lovely day on Sunday,,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, always. Well actually I forgot once for a kid from daycare a few years ago and I still feel guilty about it!

When DD had her party last year, I invited 30 kids, and most RSVPd, which was good. I noticed that the few that didn't were all from a particular culture, and I wondered (in passing) whether in that particular culture you don't RSVP unless you are attending or they have a different understanding of invite etiquette than I do or something like that. They certainly weren't usually rude in any other way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Always!!!!
    No one rsvp'd to DS1's birthday party, except my sister (it was at her house -_-). It made me so angry!
    I had no idea how much food to make, or how many party bags to do up, how big a cake to bake...I ended up with tons of stuff left over.
    I felt like telling all the people that showed up to get screwed and go home, but of course I didn't
    It's so rude not to rsvp to whatever the occasion, when it's asked for, to be honest. Even a dinner party or something simple. If the host asks you to rsvp...you do it!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nicoletta For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (10-02-2012)

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It just seems so thoughtless to me!

It's not like they invited the whole class to the pool or something (which is what everyone seems to do here coz almost everyone has season swim passes)

I let them choose 8 each. 8 only, as I always put heaps of effort into my parties and a LOT of thought into the food, games and party favours I supply.

What was even more frustrating was that I would see these Mums at school, and not one, NOT ONE waited a couple of minutes or even called out "Hey Gret, see you Sunday!"

I've had ONE person call with a regret, and they actually even still sent a gift to school for the boys (which was very nice but completely unexpected)

I get that life is bust.. but seriously, they were written invitations with my home and mobile numbers on them, AND most of these people I see at least once during the week in passing (drop-offs and pickups) ..

I always RSVP as soon as I know whether I can attend or not.

Well I've planned for 15.... and I'm not going shopping again.. so I hope noone brings uninvited and un-known siblings (I don't have a problem with siblings if I'm asked in advance... but to just rock up with siblings is rude!... and embarrassing... how do you explain to the 4yr old sibling that there's no party bags left for them... )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well I would send a message to all the people who actually rock up who havent replied and tell them you didn't appreciate it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree Lock and Lu! Worse than to RSVP is not turning up when you said you would or stacks of last minute cancellations on the day. Rude!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    I will RSVP if I am coming (often a day late, in which case I'll ask if it is still okay to come, or too late?)

However if I cannot make it, then normally I would not think to respond.

When planning a party, I generally allow for up half the non-responders to turn up. So yes, I do see that it would be good to respond even when you cannot make it; I just hadn't really thought of it that way before.
    I think it's rude to just not respond if you're not coming. There must be a lot of people out there who think like the above. No doubt they're too embarrassed to reply in here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always rsvp as soon as possible otherwise I forget. I always call and ask if there is anything in particular the child needs/likes for a present. Even if we cant go I send a present with DD to preschool. For my DD's party I had someone call half an hour before - as I was on the way to the party venue!!!! majority just sent me a text to rsvp.
    Knowing that so many didnt reply why didnt you approach some of the parents at the school? Perhaps they never recieved the invitation - it might still be squished in the bottem of the school bag or thrown out accidently?
    I hope your boys have a great party regardless of who shows up

Sent from my LG-P920 using BubHub

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast