+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I will RSVP if I am coming (often a day late, in which case I'll ask if it is still okay to come, or too late?)

However if I cannot make it, then normally I would not think to respond.

When planning a party, I generally allow for up half the non-responders to turn up. So yes, I do see that it would be good to respond even when you cannot make it; I just hadn't really thought of it that way before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yes i always RSVP. I think its rude not too and i swore i would never do a party again but this year i shall have one more attempt now we are at school and that will be the deal breaker of anymore.

Hope the boys have a great time regardless of how many show up.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Always the way. I always RSVP. But when it comes to me holding the event. Kids party, Christmas, wedding etc. I get maybe a 3rd rsvp's. It's so annoying because then half of those who didn't RSVP turn up!

Happy birthday to ur ds and have a great party all the sane

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 1CrazyMoose For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    its one of my biggest pet hates but alas seems to be quite common. there is always a good few that dont rsvp or rsvp the day before the party or theres those that do say they are coming and then dont show up. i usually just cater for the amount i invited to be safe but it annoys the crap out of me. even a simple text message would be enough.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sugar n spice For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do an event on FB and if I send out invites I ask that they RSVP there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always rsvp. The only time I didn't rsvp was when I didn't even know about the party. When the mum asked me one morning if DD2 was coming or not we discovered that DD2 along with about 5 other kids in the class had got a bit enthusiastic when learning about recycling that day at school. And yep, they all recycled their invitations. whoops!!

Over the years I have always had to chase up whether at least some of the kids are coming or not. I will never forget one of DD1's parties when she was younger. We had 1 rsvp so I started chasing up whether the other 11 were coming or not. I was really worried I was going to have to cancel her party or just have 2 kids and pay for 10 (her twin sisters were only babies). Some parents thought they only had to rsvp if they WERE coming, and others thought they only had to rsvp if they WEREN'T coming. There was also 2 that hadn't received the invitations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laksa View Post
    Of course! I usually RSVP within a day or two of receiving invite, so I don't forget. It is just rude not to RSVP for any kind of party
    Ditto!
    I get annoyed when people give no inkling of coming, don't rsvp and then turn up with others in tow??!!
    I also like to confirm day before - as some do cancel if they don't get the numbers! :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CrissyG For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh it's horribly rude not to RSVP and let the host know whether you are coming or not.

I owe a pre-school mum a card and enormous apology for a party DD was invited to this weekend. She got the invite on the same day as the RSVP and wanted to keep it with her rather than give it to me. DH ended up picking her up and apparently the invite was in her bag ... No. It must have been in her locker instead. So I had no way of contacting the mum and RSVPing as we weren't there today.

I feel awful. How rude. Not to mention DD not getting to go to a party

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yep. It's so rude not to.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I always RSVP. Not RSVPing is pretty common though at work when a child has a party we pretty much have to chase every parent for their RSVP. It's just soo rude. And than people turn up after no RSVPing aswell

Happy birthday to your little men I hope they have a great party on Sunday

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Little-Pink-Hen For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (10-02-2012)