+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, I saw it. I think I would like the lifestyle. But not all of those kids...yuk. I'd have to have it capped at 2 kids per wife.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I watched it and had one thought...

Who gives a sh!t what other people do? So what he has 3 wives and 23 kids...the kids are all seemingly happy, have a nice home with enough food, love and happiness to go around...the rest is none of anyones concern. I cant imagine the women dont get any kind of jealousy, but hey, each to their own.

(thats not aimed at you OP just a comment about their situation)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Berrie  (11-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't, but I'm really interested in the topic. I can totally see how it would work (especially in opinionated's example!) I think it would be great to have a few other women around to share the child rearing with, and can think of a few positives. I'd never do it though and the one thing I find a bit sad about these types of situations in general is that the women don't seem to really have a choice, they may not be forced as such but they're not equipped with enough knowledge, power or opportunities in the first place to be able to make an informed decision iykwim. Anyways, as long as no one is getting hurt I guess... Whatever floats your boat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yer it was pretty interesting! They seemed so normal! I can see pros and cons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wish I saw it
    I personally am totally fascinated by it all. And secretly I would love sister wives
    Two dh would be great as well. Especially if they ran like opinionated said so they actually never saw each other but were my split shift hubbies

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't watch (I hate his show), but the whole thing fascinates me. I'm a huge fan of the show 'Big Love' - it's so interesting.

I wonder how many families are out there where there is one wife and several husbands? I would be interested to see it from that perspective.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

laurea  (11-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is Big Love about???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaG23 View Post
    What is Big Love about???
    It's an American cable show that aired on HBO
    Season one started with bill Hendrickson who was raised on a fundamentalist later day saint compound in salt lake city. He was thrown out when he was 16 by the new profit. He converted to traditional Mormonism and met Barbra his first wife they lived in a traditional marriage until barb got breat cancer and the family moved to the compound. Niki who was the profits daughter was asigned to look after barb and the kids and bill and niki eventually married having two sons. They move to the city and bill meets margie who becomes the third wife. In the pilot she has recently had her 2nd child and they have just moved to 3 adjoining houses with each wife having their own house. It ran for 6 season. Great show I'm upset it's finished you can hire or buy the seasons

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    ^^ What she said

I bought the seasons, I love it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wowee!!