+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I made a big mistake :(

The other night exh stayed for dinner after dropping the kids back as we had to sort a few things out about our split/kids in care etc. The kids were worn out and went to bed and one thing lead to another and I ending up sleeping with him I don't know how it happened, we have been apart for over a year and I don't have any feelings left for him at all, especially after how he has been to me. The sex wasn't bad, it was just familiar and awkward afterwards. I made him leave straight away and now I feel really bad about it. I wish it hadn't happened. At least he hasn't texted me since (he wouldn't normally anyway), i just hope he's not going around telling people. I feel really weird about it. I don't know how it even happened.I haven't told anyone because I feel awful about it, at least here I can get it off my chest. I just don't want anyone to know but so I don't even want to talk to my friends about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yikes! I hope it doesn't come back to bite you (ie ex trying to be controling over it or assuming he's back in favour etc.. as my ex would)

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much though.. it happened.. at least you recognise it was a mistake and I suspect it happened because you miss him and are lonely.. it's bloody hard on your own and I think.. regardless of how horrible our exes have been to us and who ended it.. I think this could happen to any of us. I would just keep him at arms length and set some boundaries (he just visiting the kids pick up and drop off.. don't let him in etc...) sounds cold but you probably need really clear boundaries so you both don't fall back into your old 'family' routine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    we all make mistakes, try not to feel bad about it (if you didn't use protection maybe see gp for a check up just in case).

I've slept with people and regretted it afterwards many times, including the ex who took advantage of me one night when I was drunk... Yuck.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

nelle7250  (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs and don't beat yourself up over it.

Me -28 & my boys 7, 5 & 4
    -------------------------------------
    Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs hun. Your human and we all make mistakes. Sending lots of hugs.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 1CrazyMoose For This Useful Post:

laurea  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey I'll send you a pm x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

LilMuffin  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    umm why you called it a mistake?
    I dont see that. Ok He was your hubby, long time ago. sex and all things with him of course that memorable untill the bitter reality you and him had to be separated.

I called it maybe you two still have (that i called it) a space of love spark. If you follow your inner voice, would you have him back? same to him, if he follow his inner voice was the nite only coitus or beyond that.

No matter what you two have kids together, ever had bond to each other and so much history.

I would be like that if i were you, hell what people thinking and saying. It wasnt mistake i'll tell you, so dont sorry about that.

hugs and kisses for you