+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OP I'm worried this will be me as well when Fuzzy arrives next month. I don't mind time on my own, but none of my friends are UTD or have little ones, so I need to find a new set of people who have LO's so I don't go mental.

OP You have inspired me to look into some groups prior to Fuzzy's arrival, - to try to be prepared!

I am also taking encouragement from PP'ers to try several groups and not be put off if I don't "click" with anyone the first time. I hope you are too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BluePixie View Post
    OP I'm worried this will be me as well when Fuzzy arrives next month. I don't mind time on my own, but none of my friends are UTD or have little ones, so I need to find a new set of people who have LO's so I don't go mental.

OP You have inspired me to look into some groups prior to Fuzzy's arrival, - to try to be prepared!

I am also taking encouragement from PP'ers to try several groups and not be put off if I don't "click" with anyone the first time. I hope you are too
    Not sure if it's the same in QLD, but in Vic our councils organise mothers groups after your first baby's birth. And when you go, don't expect to 'click' straight away with anyone. It takes time to build friendships so don't be put off if you don't feel totally comfortable straight away.

Also, once you become a parent, you naturally meet other parents so don't be too surprised if you end up with more friends with kids than without. And sometimes your childless friends kind of fade away a bit because you just don't have much in common any more. I think it happens to most of us, it's pretty normal.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

BluePixie  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    :/ This too has happened to me. It sucks, totally feel your pain

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Not sure if it's the same in QLD, but in Vic our councils organise mothers groups after your first baby's birth. And when you go, don't expect to 'click' straight away with anyone. It takes time to build friendships so don't be put off if you don't feel totally comfortable straight away.

Also, once you become a parent, you naturally meet other parents so don't be too surprised if you end up with more friends with kids than without. And sometimes your childless friends kind of fade away a bit because you just don't have much in common any more. I think it happens to most of us, it's pretty normal.
    Thank you...... I'll look into the Council option

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BluePixie View Post
    Thank you...... I'll look into the Council option
    When I had my son in 2008 in Brisbane, they organised mothers' groups through child health. They were all first time parents and the babies were within a few weeks of each other.

I phoned the child health number and they organised it. the first couple of meetings were at the local child health centre, and then it was at parks etc.

I'm not sure if they still do it, but worth ringing to find out.

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/rch/pro.../cchs_0-12.asp
    Last edited by MsMummy; 13-04-2012 at 16:07.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

BluePixie  (13-04-2012)