+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ahhh some people are fools!!
    It unfortunately doesn't exclude the hub

I'm really sorry you had to witness some of the nastiness.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Green Mum to be  (13-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    I was so upset this morning by the story about Ellen Degeneres and the hate campaign against her by One Million Mums. I know a few mums who fight tooth and nail for their children to be treated equally. Movements like One Million Mums are NOT representative of how most mums think/feel about their children
    How can they hate Ellen? She's America's biggest sweetheart!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Just remember not everyone is a bigoted, narrowminded a-hole

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningWithScissors For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hadn't heard that Ellen was being attacked. I love her! Have for years. She's so very funny and seems so nice and genuine.

How could anyone hate her? She dotes on her friends and family's kids, does a lot for charity and animal welfare and helps people in need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I joined an anti million mom page this morning on FB ... I saw it unfold yesterday, Ellen had lots to say and still did it with more dignity and grace than those million fools (who only have 40,000 supporters btw )

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningWithScissors For This Useful Post:

Californication  (10-02-2012),naebie  (11-02-2012),rae81  (11-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I saw something about Ellen in passing this morning on Facebook. Just checked out the One Million Moms page.... I just don't understand.

It's the year 2012, yet so much is still so backward.

I cannot fathom how anybody could go on a campaign against Ellen when we have so many horrible celebrities in the spotlight. Ellen is one of the few normal, kind, genuine celebs out there!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Californication  (10-02-2012)

Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    I'm really sorry you had to read the uneducated, prejudiced drivel, OP

I agree with Benji - homophobia seems to be rampant (as with racism, sexism, ableism etc). People just seem not to be able to see their own privilege (even when pointed out to them) or challenge their own views...I'm always shocked when somebody I consider to be otherwise intelligent has a blatantly '-ist' attitude...I don't know why, there are obviously intelligent people out there who are prejudiced...I just don't understand why. They have no excuses - they have the means to challenge themselves.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tam-I-Am For This Useful Post:

GluttonForPunishment  (10-02-2012),Green Mum to be  (13-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry you had to experience that.

I actually copped some it from a really good friend at work the other week when discussing same sex marriage. I was floored. Here is this woman who invites both me and my partner into her home, who is supposedly my friend, who is also supposedly my partners friend, who confides in both of us, who has often said we are close friends of hers and has known me for over 5 years, suddenly come out with something so offensive I had to remind myself I was at work before I opened my mouth again.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to catemer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Mum to be View Post
    I had my first experience with someone being homophobic on bub hub today. I'm more surprised than offended, she sounded educated and so i am surprised that such an opinion can be expressed which has no basis in either facts or on me personally.

It has been such a long time since i've experienced homophobia i think i may have underestimated it's existance... I live my life expecting to be taken at face value and I am. Or perhaps people are too frightened to voice their views to my face or publically and bubhub is an easy way to say it without consequence?
    its the internet lots of keyboard warriors. Hugs sorry you had to deal with it

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post: