+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    We recently bought a new home that had held private tenants prior to our purchase. I thought having had tenants it would be left fairly clean There was mould in the wardrobes, the floors weren't clean, there was even food splashed on the kitchen cupboards. The landlord told us the carpets had been steam cleaned the day before settlement It was like the tenant removed their stuff and maybe cleaned the stove (which we found out after was broken and we had to replace to be able to live in the house) There were even still cobwebs on the walls and ceiling. I was livid! Luckily for us we moved them out. The landlord raved on about them being great tenants and nearly talked us into keeping them in the house for a bit. Since then we have found out they bothered all the neighbours and ran up outrageous bills without paying them (when the sheriff knocked on the door!)
    Horrible, I dont understand why someone would not be ashamed to leave a place looking like that. It's cr@p having to clean up someone elses mess, while still having to do your normal general cleaning. I can't wait to have it done. Even the garden was left neglected. This place is going to look amazing once I've finished with it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bronny-jane For This Useful Post:

missie_mackxxxx  (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i always get a cleaner in to do an end of lease clean.

mystical mumma is offline * ʇı ǝןoʇs sǝıɹıɐɟ ǝɥʇ ˙˙˙puıɯ ʎɯ ʇsoן ʇuǝʌɐɥ ı *
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've just moved, I spent 3 days scrubbing walls & kitchen, bathrooms.

The house was tidy when we move in, but not spotless.

I know we will have issues with getting our bond back as we signed with one agent, then the owner changed the agent, and the one we have now managed the property when it was brand new, so no doubt she will be expecting it to be brand new when she does her exit report.

The house is clean. Yes I'm sure their are minor faults or bits that I missed, but overall it is very tidy and I would be more than accepting of the property if I were the new tenant.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Cleaner than when we moved in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Where we are from you have to leave the property in the same state as it was when you moved in or you lose bond money. So I left the houses I've moved from clean

Sent from a galaxy far away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I ensure it's as spotless as possible (including steam cleaning of carpet) - I want every cent of my bond back!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've never moved in somewhere where it's been to a decent standard of clean - I've always had to scrub bathrooms, clean carpets & clean inside cupboards etc. Why can't I move into a property after one of you guys?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always had the place cleaner then when I move in. Yet somehow the agent usually finds something wrong and charges me.
    I'm sure they just pocket the money because I've never moved into a perfectly clean place.