+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default How well do you clean a property when leaving?

We recently moved, and I thoroughly cleaned my old house, leaving it cleaner then when we moved in. The place we moved into isn't through a real estate, the people who moved out left it in a bad state, we had to move in due to kids starting school and just to move forward... How bad you may be thinking, well there was mould on every window, all in the bathroom, smells like cockroaches in the cupboards, and I just saw one. Cobwebs everywhere, crap left all over the place that they didn't take either, probably full of cockroaches too. They did manage to vacuum the 2 rooms with carpet, and the floor was clean, but that was it. The place isn't through a real estate, so no bond money. Oh and mismatched paint patches. I can understand some of it, but why would you have mould on every window and not clean it, it's so bad for your health. I'm going to call in pest control for the roaches, and have cleaned up most of the mould. Going to finish it all today, even the walls are dirty.
    I'm not a clean freak either, I can be lazy at times, but no way would I have mould and dust all over my place, they had kids too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh yuck!

I recently moved out and got in a cleaner to clean the entire place. The entire kitchen, the 2 bathrooms, all rooms walls and wondows and steam cleaned carpet, mopped tiles. I was getting bond back though. If bond was not an issue- I'd probably do a basic vacuum/mop, windows, all marks off wallls and clean all surfaces. Its disgusting to expect people to clean up your mess to that extent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I just think it's common courtesy to at least attempt a decent clean.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bronny-jane For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think I'm almost more shocked that they were happy to live like that!

You poor thing. What a giant pain in the butt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree Bronny, a decent clean really is common courtesy. We moved in to a rental in Sept and I tell you their definition of clean was really really different to mine but it was passable if you kept one eye shut. It was through an agent and they just laughed it off saying "we all have different expectations!". Hmm I'm not sure where anyone would expect to find spots of food and spilled liquid down nearly every wall in the house inc within the cupboards. The bathroom was horrendously mouldy and I did fight that until it got fixed, can't stand mould!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We clean it better then when we moved in basically like to leave it in rentable condition, now in the US the landlord still has to repaint and clean carpets but we dont feel right leaving a mess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    I think I'm almost more shocked that they were happy to live like that!

You poor thing. What a giant pain in the butt.
    Yeah I was too, not with kids, at least clean the mould off. The blind in main bedroom was covered in so much caked on dust I had to pull it off, soak it in the bath tub and scrub it with bicarb, vinegar and a broom. Took 10 minutes, but came up so clean. You shouldn't sleep in a room so dusty and moldy. Going to take So much effort, but I think the house will love me for a decent cleaning

Thanks
    Reviews
    I left my last place in much better condition then when I found it. I patched and painted quite a few walls in the house where DS had left a slight dent from running into it with his car. Backyard when I moved in was shocking with thigh high grass and weeds in the garden beds. I cleaned it all up and planted a vegetable garden. Whole house was scrubbed from top to bottom. Every time I have gotten my whole bond back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Without exception I've left each place cleaner than how it was when I moved in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LG View Post
    Without exception I've left each place cleaner than how it was when I moved in.
    Same here!