+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yeah blackboard and oasis was confusing at first but before
    long I knew It like the back of my hand

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm doing this course too! I can't wait to start. Also doing the heavier workload I'm in Brisbane, but would be great to chat to fellow classmates!
    Also finding oasis very confusing! It's a bit overwhelming trying to figure it all out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm starting too! (OMG, first BH post in about 6 months, maybe more :/)
    I'm in Sydney (S/W), full time study load, intro to teaching and development + ed

Idonttrustjelly is offline 2008 AWARD WINNER The best username award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Waves - I enrolled in this a few weeks ago

What is your first module:Introduction to Teaching /EDP120 ?

Have you bought any text books yet?
    &

Quote Originally Posted by Missemzy View Post
    . ......... What subjects you enrolled in? I completed Introduction and curriculum and Assessment for learning.
    Hello there

I'm starting off on two modules :
    EDP120 - Introduction to Teaching &
    EDP125 - development and Education.

I already have both books, I got them second hand but in good condition.
    How about you WorkingClassMum?

Missemzy, I'm hoping I can do as well as you! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sghettiebum View Post
    I'm doing this course too! I can't wait to start. Also doing the heavier workload I'm in Brisbane, but would be great to chat to fellow classmates!
    Also finding oasis very confusing! It's a bit overwhelming trying to figure it all out!
    It's so great to see that so many others are doing this too, or are ahead of us!
    I can't see my modules yet when I go into Blackboard (only in Oasis)... is it the same for you?

Quote Originally Posted by peanutbutter&jelly View Post
    I'm starting too! (OMG, first BH post in about 6 months, maybe more :/)
    I'm in Sydney (S/W), full time study load, intro to teaching and development + ed
    yay! Another one! I'm in Western Sydney

I was thinking about starting up a Facebook page ... I think students from OUA do this sometimes when in the same course to discuss topics. Would anyone be interested in joining if I did this???

xx J
    Last edited by Idonttrustjelly; 11-02-2012 at 11:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyrissa View Post
    I graduated last year so if you need a hand with anything give me a yell. Thinking of going back and doing my masters in something as im really struggling to find work. Had a fair bit end of last year but not a single day this year :-/

Sent from my LG-P920 using BubHub
    Sorry to derail, but do you know what you are thinking about doing your masters in? I am also a school teacher (currently SAHM) but would like to perhaps do my masters when I am still a SAHM but my kids are a little older - I'm not too sure about what the options are, I know I could do special ed, but it's not really a passion of mine, I was thinking about doing teacher librarianship? What were you thinking of doing, and what other options do you know of?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I honestly have no idea at this stage lol i was thinking leadership or theology (to work in catholic schools). I will probably pick something up 2nd semester. The guilt of having DD in childcare 4 days a week is starting to set in as
    I didnt think it would be this hard to find a job - i would be happy with 1 day a week but so far nothing. I live in quiet a big city and have been everywhere within an hour of my house!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I honestly have no idea at this stage lol i was thinking leadership or theology (to work in catholic schools). I will probably pick something up 2nd semester. The guilt of having DD in childcare 4 days a week is starting to set in as
    I didnt think it would be this hard to find a job - i would be happy with 1 day a week but so far nothing. I live in quiet a big city and have been everywhere within an hour of my house!

sorry it's been so hard to find a job, sometimes it takes a quite a while, especially when there is a big influx of graduates! I think that relief teaching is especially scarce in the first part of term 1, and I know that a lot of schools hire staff who have done relief teaching for them, so that makes it difficult if you have a DD and perhaps are unable to do relief work.

I don't know if this is viable for you, but when I was teaching, I had a qualified teacher who was unable to find work ring up our school and say that she was available for volunteer work - working with small groups for reading, etc. This is especially valuable for a private school, where they get less funding for support for children with special needs. She worked as a volunteer at my school for a term, and did a few days of relief teaching during that time, and then was given a job the following term. Because she was already in the school environment, she knew the children, etc. she had a huge advantage when she went for the job.

I would LOVE to do some sort of theology or bible college, I'm not sure if it would help with my job prospects later on, but I would definitely find it interesting! I would prefer not to work as a full-time classroom teacher probably while my kids are in primary school, because I found it a very all-consuming job (especially in a private school with high standards), and I would really love to study something that might help me have a part-time teaching job, which is why I have been leaning toward librarianship - plus, it's an area that I enjoy.

Idonttrustjelly is offline 2008 AWARD WINNER The best username award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

If anyone's interested, I've started a FB group. It's a locked group, so you have to request joining.

The link is here:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/321417897904925/

It's called: Bachelor of Primary Education

Even if you're almost done, your input would be greatly valued if you have time!

xx J

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    sorry it's been so hard to find a job, sometimes it takes a quite a while, especially when there is a big influx of graduates! I think that relief teaching is especially scarce in the first part of term 1, and I know that a lot of schools hire staff who have done relief teaching for them, so that makes it difficult if you have a DD and perhaps are unable to do relief work.

I don't know if this is viable for you, but when I was teaching, I had a qualified teacher who was unable to find work ring up our school and say that she was available for volunteer work - working with small groups for reading, etc. This is especially valuable for a private school, where they get less funding for support for children with special needs. She worked as a volunteer at my school for a term, and did a few days of relief teaching during that time, and then was given a job the following term. Because she was already in the school environment, she knew the children, etc. she had a huge advantage when she went for the job.

I would LOVE to do some sort of theology or bible college, I'm not sure if it would help with my job prospects later on, but I would definitely find it interesting! I would prefer not to work as a full-time classroom teacher probably while my kids are in primary school, because I found it a very all-consuming job (especially in a private school with high standards), and I would really love to study something that might help me have a part-time teaching job, which is why I have been leaning toward librarianship - plus, it's an area that I enjoy.
    Thanks that info is very helpful - i never even considered volunteering! Guess its better then sitting at home while im paying for childcare fees! Also a great way to learn a lot more without having the whole class responsibility.
    I have seen a lot of library jobs advertised (in NSW) and reading recovery.

I have done the certificate in religious education so theology would just be an upgrade from that :-) thanks again for being so helpful and listening to my whinge! Sorry for crashing the thread lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyrissa For This Useful Post:

Cinderella82  (14-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks that info is very helpful - i never even considered volunteering! Guess its better then sitting at home while im paying for childcare fees! Also a great way to learn a lot more without having the whole class responsibility.
    I have seen a lot of library jobs advertised (in NSW) and reading recovery.

I have done the certificate in religious education so theology would just be an upgrade from that :-) thanks again for being so helpful and listening to my whinge! Sorry for crashing the thread lol
    No worries, thank you for your info on what you are thinking of doing for your masters I hope you are able to find some work soon, good luck!