+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Elective csections and emergency csections are very different physically and mentally.

I've had 2 electives and they have been great. The first was due to a breech bub and with my second I decided I preferred an elective csection to an emergency csection.

I have no VB to compare them too, but I was up within hours, shopping within days and my help had to fly in from overseas, so having a date was awesome.

Nmgb is offline No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm ♡
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had 2 VB's and my 1st c/s 3 days ago. I'd rather 50 VB than another c/s! But there are ladies here who have had c/s and they are fine. It's different for everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I were you....

Going from what you have said you had an un complicated vaginal birth with your first bub. No tearing ect so I would go with a vaginal birth. You have a great chance of not tearing ect this time.
    If you elect a c - sect you automatically need a major OP with internal stitches. You have never had a c - sect so you don't know how your body will cope with it where as you have had a vaginal birth so kinda know what to expect.

I had to have a medically necessary elective c - sect for my 1st and will need one for my 2nd. So I have no experience with vaginal birth only from what my friends have experienced. Everyone that had no tearing or a very small amount had none or even less then with their first. Maybe you could ask on here how everyone on bubhub how their second birth was compared to their first? If that didn't tear with their first did they tear with their second?

My c - sect was easy to recover from and my scar healed very well. It still freaks me out that I need to have such a big OP to have my babies thou, I'm petrified for when I have to have my next c - sect in June.

Good luck with what ever you choose. It is such a personal choice and really only you can decided.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think perhaps you don't need to make a decision straight away. A lot can change between now and 40 weeks, and that may mean that your decision is crystallised for you one way or another.

I'd be suggesting that you talk it through with your obstetrician nearer the time, and listening to what he or she recommends.

I had a CS (elective, on medical grounds) and I had a great experience with it. My hope had been for a natural delivery, but it didn't work out that way and I personally don't think it matters at all once the baby is out and mum and baby are both well.

I'd just give it a bit more time, OP, and take the pressure off trying to decide now.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would never electively choose a major operation to birth my babies, IMO the risks are too great, not just for the operation itself but also for the normal health processes that happen with a VB ie gut health.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have had 2 VB's. Tore with my first but just grazed with my second. I don't think the birth part is the problem, it's labouring that hurts! But If you are amazingly scared of labour pain, there are options much less extreme then C-sect to help cope that give you the plus of less pain AND easy recovery.. Ive never had a c-sect, and personally I hope to keep it that way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would never have a ceasarian unless I had to for urgent, life-threatening medical reasons. After four vaginal births, this new baby of mine will probably drop out while I'm doing the washing up like in The Meaning Of Life. #2 was easier for me than #1 and shorter by about half the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HG98 View Post
    I would never have a ceasarian unless I had to for urgent, life-threatening medical reasons. After four vaginal births, this new baby of mine will probably drop out while I'm doing the washing up like in The Meaning Of Life. #2 was easier for me than #1 and shorter by about half the time.
    "could you pick that up dear?"