+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    But I wouldn't do it myself (especially after reading this thread lol).

Yes, you really do learn the politics of "my day" on BH, don't you?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (10-02-2012),OurLittleBlessing  (10-02-2012),shelle65  (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh Gosh no, how rude!! OP let us know how you go with telling your friend not to! Now I'm all nervous hahaha.

Previous pregnancy I was going to announce on Christmas Day because it would have been about 12 weeks and all the family would have been there (but miscarried) and I'm still not sure if that was the right thing to do...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Noooo

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Farmerwife is offline Excited & Nervous about being a mum for the first time in August :-)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EmyB View Post
    Oh Gosh no, how rude!! OP let us know how you go with telling your friend not to! Now I'm all nervous hahaha.

Previous pregnancy I was going to announce on Christmas Day because it would have been about 12 weeks and all the family would have been there (but miscarried) and I'm still not sure if that was the right thing to do...
    Christmas day would have been lovely, don't doubt that. I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you have another special occasion to announce a pregnancy at. Hugs! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one that felt it was wrong for her to do. I was starting to feel guilty for not caring about her, but makes me feel better now

She doesn't have a close connection with this person. It's actually
    More of her partners connection so that is more annoying cause it's not a close friend taking your attention, it's just a random partner you don't know well taking up the attention.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh to add, I didn't get to speak to her this morning & she's on the way to the wedding now so I can't talk to her, well not the way id wAnt to anymore. So guess I'll just wait to see what happens

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would have no problem if people announced their pregnancy at our wedding. Having said that, there is a difference between 'announcing' it in a speech and letting the word spread and telling various people in person on the night. Having said that though, if a close friend announced she was expecting at our wedding I would happily congratulate them in MY speech!

In our circle of family/friends it is actually the time that most pregnancies are announced lol... We are all together in one place and drinking- so the non drinker usually gets found out fairly quickly and news spreads like wildfire!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If the bride and groom are happy for you to do so and there is no other suitable time for an announcement for you then yes, it would be OK to announce. It would be more polite to do it subtly though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh dear... She's going to regret it....

Guest Guest
    Family members found out I was pregnant with dd at my cousins wedding, it was no big anouncement they just saw my 3 month belly at cocktail time (the beginning of the wedding)
    It definately didn't spoil the day or did it take the spotlight away from the bride, we were all there for her no one was paying attention to me or my pregnancy, it was a simple congratulations.
    I don't see the big deal at all, I was a bride and I can't say I ever felt that spoilt or jealous to make someone hold off news. Who the **** cares??? If my cousin was even like that I'd say 'get over it princess' but thankfully she's beautiful

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Theophania  (10-02-2012)