+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    mostly in Perth but sometimes away with the fairies
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would think she would be better waiting until she has passed the 12 week mark before she starts telling people. As for saying it at a wedding - definitely not.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Theresa68 For This Useful Post:

laurea  (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I watched the horrible fallout when the father of the Bride (younger DD) toasted his elder *just* pregnant Dd at the reception (first grandchild excitement)

The Bride was gutted and it took a long time for her to forgive her father and her sister.

Tell your friend to don't do it, keep her secret and wait until at least the 12 week mark
    Last edited by WorkingClassMum; 10-02-2012 at 11:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theophania View Post
    I honestly dont see the problem with it. I myself have never done it, but I wouldn't have minded if one of my friends did that. I love my friends and would be honoured they shared their news on my special day... My wedding was about sharing our day with friends and family, letting them be apart of the joining of myself and my husband... I didn't really care about the spot light though, thats just not what it was about for me
    Agreed. I wouldn't do it because I know people's attitudes about "their day" and so on but it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if somebody else felt it was the right time to announce that they are expecting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My pregnancy got announced at a friends wedding. Everyone clapped and then that was it. I was extremely embarrassed about it and felt terrible for the bride and groom. I was only 9 weeks and wanted it kept from friends until at least 12 weeks. Unfortunately someone picked it and yelled it out before I could even deny it. That same someone later cried because she was the only one of a group of friends who wasn't expecting..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No way!

The only people who have the place to announce a pregnancy at a wedding are the ones getting married.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TripleTime For This Useful Post:

laurea  (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope. It's pretty selfish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    IMO its extremely rude. I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to choose someones wedding day to announce a pregnancy.

I'd be advising your friend to find another day to announce her news.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

laurea  (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The only reason I can think of is someone choosing that day because "everyone" would be in the same place at the same time, if you were some how related to the bride or groom and a large portion if not all your family were there and you don't see majority of them often. But still..... Im sure those people would be there the day after and if that was the reason organise a lunch the day after or something and invite everyone.

Personally depending on who it was is weather I would mind if it was my wedding, and a sibling announced they were expecting I would be so over the moon .... But a "friend" I'm not particularly close with is be annoyed ... To what degree I'm not sure..... It would look as though you can't stand the attention away from yourself... I think a lot of guests would find it rude and if it happened at a wedding I was a guest at I'm sure if have a b1tch and say how rude......... To my family .... Lol. Sorry if I offended anyone or sound nasty

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way i think it is so rude and if anyone did that at my wedding i wouldnt think very much of them at all.
    I think you should tell your friend to not tell anyone and if she does she is going to look like a rude selfish biartch and im sure she doesnt want people to think that about her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally speaking, I would only have been happy if one of my loved ones announced their pregnancy at my wedding.

But I wouldn't do it myself (especially after reading this thread lol).