Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Genuinely interested.

This is not some shameless brag post but I'm honestly curious about DD's behaviour.
    She is 12 months old and is suprising me every day. She walks around the house and seems to know where everything is. I ask her to get "bubba" and she will go and get her doll. She found the dogs lead the other day and carried it around until she found the dog and then tried to put it on his neck.
    I say "put your shoes on" and she will attempt to put her feet into her shoes. "time for bath" and she will walk ahead of me to the bathroom. "Where's DS1etc" and she will point". "Go nigh nigh" and she will lay down and laugh.
    Says Ta Ta Ta but actually uses it in the right context. Nods when I say "is that yummy" or "do you want a drink". Sits down when I ask
    She sits in her little eating chair and attempts to put the seatbelt on. Picks up washing and either puts in the basket or hands it to me while I hang it out.
    Is this all normal 12mth old stuff? I can't remember.
    She has only just turned one and although DS1 was a super bright toddler I really can't remember what he was doing. DS2....well let's just say thank goodness he has his looks and personality..
    “When people say, "You really, really must" do something, it means you don't really have to. No one ever says, "You really, really must deliver the baby during labor." When it's true, it doesn't need to be said.”
    Tina Fey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds pretty spot on for development. DD2 is 15mths and has been doing similar things for the last few months.
    she's just added getting the mail from the letterbox and calling out 'chook chook' when we go feed our backyard chickens.

its amazing how quickly they pick things up
    Me
    DH
    DD1 july 2007
    DD2 november 2010
    Bubba #3 due march 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DS isn't that smart

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol about your Ds2 .

My girls are almost 4 and 2 and they were doing the same at 12 months. DD1 talked a lot already, DD2 was doing the things your DD is doing, following instructions etc without much talking. So I'd say it's normal (at least for girls!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    sounds pretty spot on for development. DD2 is 15mths and has been doing similar things for the last few months.
    she's just added getting the mail from the letterbox and calling out 'chook chook' when we go feed our backyard chickens.

its amazing how quickly they pick things up
    I know! She fascinates me, I could watch her all day. I think she picks uo so much just following the older two around
    That is so cute about the chooks! DD growls at the dog when he goes near her, copying my voice I think!
    “When people say, "You really, really must" do something, it means you don't really have to. No one ever says, "You really, really must deliver the baby during labor." When it's true, it doesn't need to be said.”
    Tina Fey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyLittleTootsies View Post
    lol about your Ds2 .

My girls are almost 4 and 2 and they were doing the same at 12 months. DD1 talked a lot already, DD2 was doing the things your DD is doing, following instructions etc without much talking. So I'd say it's normal (at least for girls!)
    Ahhh yes! Girls! Of course! She is seriously going to overtake DS2 at this rate.
    Tina Fey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds pretty normal - but still awesome!!!

I get excited about Jasper's talking & he's been a bit behind... His understanding has always been good/normal so I've not worried. He's just not a talker. So every time he says anything new I think it's the coolest thing any child has ever said ever! Even if he's talking at 3 the same as a lot of 2-2.5 year olds, for him, it's still new & an achievement.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

faroutbrusselsprout (09-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Ahhh yes! Girls! Of course! She is seriously going to overtake DS2 at this rate.
    lol just wanted to add that I didn't mean girls are smarter than boys! I just get told all the time that they develope their communication skills faster etc so I was more playing up to that stereotype lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think she sounds really switched on. Great parenting too keep her going!
    DH = 28 <> 23 = ME
    DS = 4 <> 2 = DD
    1 x DOG, 2 x CATS, 1 x RAT, 4 x CHICKENS
    EQUALS...
    "MAD HOUSE"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyLittleTootsies View Post
    lol just wanted to add that I didn't mean girls are smarter than boys! I just get told all the time that they develope their communication skills faster etc so I was more playing up to that stereotype lol.
    Lol - nah girls are just smarter

I do agree I've heard & observed that.

Not saying its 100% and the most amazingly advanced talker I've met was a boy. He was so cool. And a tiny bit creepy. Lol. But yeah, I think there's something to that.