+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was second up and was starving booby I hear ya

I say early in the day and just say no visitors that's what I did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My last cs was booked for 1pm. My beautiful lil boy wasn't born till 3.30pm so they were running a tad late....
    But I did like it being that time. I got up later that night, catheter out the next morning, a good shower and I felt human again iykwim.

Me -28 & my boys 7, 5 & 4
    -------------------------------------
    Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had emergency ones for my first 2 so didnt get a choice on a time. But my last elective i had to be at the hospital at 6:45 , i was first on the list as i had GD and was on insulin i still didnt have him till 10ish though as there was an emergency one they had to do.
    i didnt get much time with bub on our own as ppl started to visit by about 2 that afternoon. I am having another c section next week and we have both requested that we dont want any visitors til the next day after i have had a shower etc and feel and look better!! last time i looked horrid as my face was all puffy from scratching my nose from a reaction to the morphine.

Unfortunatley i dont get to choose a time its done and no doubt i will be first on the list again having GD and being on insulin!! so thats why we have said no visitors till next day Except for our other children who will come in afternoon once im feeling a lil better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Early. Mine was at 8.30 pm (emergency) but next time I'll be opting for early. Or mid morning so if I don't sleep the night before well I can have a small rest before. That way you're not annoyed by those leg pump things when you're trying to sleep, you're up the same day instead of waiting overnight, partner can be there for you to help during the day instead of bub being taken off by nurses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    I was second up and was starving booby I hear ya

I say early in the day and just say no visitors that's what I did.
    I'd probably say if it was booked for 8:30 Monday, I'd tell everyone it was booked for 8:30 Tuesday. Then turn our phones off. Simple.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im booked for 1pm .. No food for 6 hrs before, i will also be staying in the hospital so i will have to hurry those lunch ladies up with ,y breakfast or i will staaaarve.

Last cs i was supposed to be in first. 6:30am and i Wasnt allowed to eat overnight.. And got into surgery around 9:30pm that night. Didnt get an actual meal until breakfast the next day . I was. Starving!! It was like 36hrs i want allowed to eat for

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I had my c-section first thing in the morning. Had to be at the hospital at 6:30am and was wheeled into theatre at around 8:30am. DS was born at 8:45am.

We didn't tell people our c-section date so no one knew when we were going into the hospital. We ended up telling my mum on the way to the hospital that morning as I was so excited and needed someone else (asides DH to know).

We were back in the ward by around 11am and spent the day just gazing at our baby. We did have vistors that afternoon/evening but made sure it was only my parents and DH's mum. Everyone else was told they had to wait until the next day (though this didn't go down well with SIL but that's a whole other story). Even though I was feeling very weak (due to large amounts of blood lost) and dopey (from the morphine) I really wanted our parents to meet their grandson that day.

inkognito is offline Moving on is simple, its what you leave behind which makes it hard
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Is go early morning because A. You sleep through most of your fasting and B. you are not waiting around all day waiting for bubs to be born...
    I was on the morning list with DS which was fantastic i had him by lunch time and managed to have a little nap before the visitors came etc But with dd I was on the afternoon list, It sucked waiting around the hospital all day and I kept getting bumped because the morning list ran behind It was nearly 6 pm by the time she was born, I hadn't eaten all day and I was not a happy camper

One handed hubbing on the go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our friends a family were so considerate about visiting.

I told MIL she could come in on the day, but she came the next morning instead.

Only my mum who brought DS to meet his sister came on the day. She arrived as we got out of recovery, which is how we'd planned it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your responses. I think first thing in the morning is the consensus. Just a little worried about not being home when DS wakes up in the morning. Also looking forward to having some rest the night before not like last time of being in labour 24 hours prior to my emergency cesarean.