+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went in at 9ish with dd she was born at 10:21 I was back in my room at 11:30-12 I sent MSG off around 2 after I called parents. I stated that will take visitors from the next day and I was up and dressed and waking before most arrived
    I'd go early again in I have to cs newbie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Oh what? You have to fast. Screw that. Go early! Lol.
    Lol, I booked mine in at 24 weeks at my first Ob app, I wanted to ensure I was first on the list and didn't have to starve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm having mine first up. That way I can spend the morning recovering and getting to know my baby, then DF will bring DS in so we can have some family time. I'll probably be ok with my mum and MIL coming to visit that night, but no more visitors till the following night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for all the great opinions. visitors won't be a problem cause not going to allow any until the next day. if i go early i want to be up and moving with the catheter and everything out by the end of the day. ob says that its routine for this stuff to be removed in the morning so will have to push the nurses to do it in the afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tigerz, as soon as you have full movement in your legs insist on being taken out of bed. It's better for your recovery. I had to wait for a mean/lazy nurse to go off shift before I got a nurse who was happy to get me up. I don't think I would've slept with the canula, catheter and hospital gown all on, I was too awake and uncomfortable from sitting.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

tigerz  (09-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had first of the day because my OB said that was the best time because unless there's lots of emergencies over night then you won't have to wait long.
    My DH was with me the whole time and slept at the hosp with me as well so made sure I didn't have any visitors till that night which was only our parents. We didn't have bubs with us any way so told ppl no point visiting till we got him back the next day.
    My OB won't let the catheter be taken out for 24 hours no matter what time of day you have your op.
    I had no trouble sleeping with it I didn't feel it at all. Was auctually really nice not to have to get up and pee during the night like I normally have to lol.
    Good luck with what ever you choose. Just make sure you book in as soon as you can so you get the time of day you want

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Though maybe early afternoon would be better. Dads couldnt stay overnight, so if it was earlier the three of us would have had more time together before he had to leave (he stayed till about 9pm but I shared a room so he had to go because the other Mumma turned off her lights to sleep)
    That that was the worst bit! I found around 2pm I was told go have dinner come back for admittance. I came back at 9pm and had to fast from midnight so when heartburn kicked around 1 I was because incouldnt have any releif until after lol the heartburn stayed until L was pulled out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbubs1012 View Post
    I had first of the day because my OB said that was the best time because unless there's lots of emergencies over night then you won't have to wait long.
    My DH was with me the whole time and slept at the hosp with me as well so made sure I didn't have any visitors till that night which was only our parents. We didn't have bubs with us any way so told ppl no point visiting till we got him back the next day.
    My OB won't let the catheter be taken out for 24 hours no matter what time of day you have your op.
    I had no trouble sleeping with it I didn't feel it at all. Was auctually really nice not to have to get up and pee during the night like I normally have to lol.
    Good luck with what ever you choose. Just make sure you book in as soon as you can so you get the time of day you want
    Mine was kept in 24 hours too on policy. I didn't get legs back until overnight so was happy to have in until the morning. Midwifes got me up ASAP in the shower, walking catheter out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With my first I had an emergency c-section so ended up having him at 10.57pm. I was exhausted after a 38 hour labour so don't really remember much. So can't say much about late night c-sections.

With my 2nd DS I was booked in first thing. DH and I had lots of time just the 3 of us then mum and dad brought up DS1 to see me and my sister came and saw me after 3pm. It was nice and will be aiming for that again. I didn't get a choice on when to have my c-section though and guess I won't this time, but since I am going to a small hospital I am guessing it will be early again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Lol, I booked mine in at 24 weeks at my first Ob app, I wanted to ensure I was first on the list and didn't have to starve.
    Eek! Yeah no thanks. Making pregnant women fast is as mean as making pregnant women drink heaps of water & not pee! Who comes up with these ideas!!!

ATM I have two breakfasts and two lunches!!!! I'd be chewing off my own arm by early afternoon without anything to eat!