+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What time to book in Cesarean?

I'm having a cesarean for medical reasons and need to choose what time of day to have it. Any opinions for the best time of day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't had a c-section, but I have had friends have them later in the day, because your not up for visitors the same day. A friend had hers at 7am and visitors starting arriving at 3pm.

Her next baby she had at 3pm and got all evening with just her, hubby and baby. She was able to have a shower the next morning and feel loads better before visitors

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Hmmm is probably have another late one. I had mine at 5:30pm. So it's after visiting hours - so nobody to bother me when I was still all loopy from morphine and a little overwhelmed and exhausted (emergency csection), and then I went to sleep and wake up in the morning and I was already 14 hours into my recovery.

I think it would drive me crazy having it early in the day and so I'm starting bed rest soon after having gotten up.

BUT that said - it would also be weird trying to kill time all day knowing what time baby would be born that afternoon and I guess you can just spend all day baby-gazing...

Hmm....

Not sure....

There my thoughts though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning definitely. My second cs was a medically necessary "elective" and I was booked for second on the list with a 7am start. Son was eventually born at midday as the booked ones were bumped for emergencies from overnight. You have to fast so if you're not booked until the afternoon and you get bumped for emergencies, you might be waiting a long, long time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it were me I would ask for early in the day.

I had my boys by c-section at 8pm. It was ok but I was so tired, had been waiting all day and then was doped to my eyeballs with painkillers and hungry (all I got was toast). Next time if I have a c-section I will ask to be first on the list so I have all day to recover from the painkillers and get to have a rest that night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd go for first on the list (usually 7 or 8am).

Then most of your fasting time is in your sleep and you're not starving all day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Though maybe early afternoon would be better. Dads couldnt stay overnight, so if it was earlier the three of us would have had more time together before he had to leave (he stayed till about 9pm but I shared a room so he had to go because the other Mumma turned off her lights to sleep)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I'd go for first on the list (usually 7 or 8am).

Then most of your fasting time is in your sleep and you're not starving all day.
    Oh what? You have to fast. Screw that. Go early! Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd go for a morning one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had mine at 8am and it was great! I slept through the fasting and we got about 6 hours alone before visitors came