+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&MrMagoo View Post
    I can go days and days and days only reading and not replying ...

*** end of transmission ***
    This is me. I am an information vampire.

Plus I am so slow at typing on my phone and can't be on bubhub on the PC at work.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Scientician For This Useful Post:

Me&MrMagoo  (09-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Sometimes replying will get you infracted, so it's better to just not reply at all...

I also don't bother replying unless I think I can help or I actually WANT to reply. The only people I will reply to for "support purposes only," is if they have lost a baby and posted about it, or I notice they're crying out for help in a really tricky area so nobody has replied yet, and I just feel badly for them. Just to let them know that while I have no idea how to help them, and have no advice whatsoever, they're in my thoughts.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

HELPihavea2yrold!  (09-02-2012),OurLittleBlessing  (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it's fine for people to not reply. I often don't feel like it, but other days I can go mad replying to everything.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (09-02-2012),Pinkzy  (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    I think it's fine for people to not reply. I often don't feel like it, but other days I can go mad replying to everything.

thats me too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me too..I probably read 20 for each one I reply to! Often when it's someone asking for advice what I was going to say has already been said by multiple people, so I don't see the point in repeating them again.
    I know I started a thread recently about BF'ing where the number of replies was quite low vs the number of views- but the answers I got were good answers that really helped so I didn't mind at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not talking about threads or topics that people are asking for advice, asking for advice usually ends once they have the response their looking for. I'm talking about those who ask for friends/playdates and you as well as other mums offer, then they don't reply, as if it's a buffet line and they will only respond to who they think is better! That's why I think just to be polite it's some what necessary to reply, after all we teach our kids good manners but half of us don't use them anyways. That's where the rudeness comes in that I am talking about. Particularly in the parents chat/play group area. Replying late isn't a bad thing although I will always apologize if I do reply late, it's good manners whether you can or cannot see the person on the other end on the line!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramat View Post
    I'm not talking about threads or topics that people are asking for advice, asking for advice usually ends once they have the response their looking for. I'm talking about those who ask for friends/playdates and you as well as other mums offer, then they don't reply, as if it's a buffet line and they will only respond to who they think is better! That's why I think just to be polite it's some what necessary to reply, after all we teach our kids good manners but half of us don't use them anyways. That's where the rudeness comes in that I am talking about. Particularly in the parents chat/play group area. Replying late isn't a bad thing although I will always apologize if I do reply late, it's good manners whether you can or cannot see the person on the other end on the line!
    Oh I see what you mean.
    Dont worry about it, sometimes things happen in people's lives and they forget or a busy whatever. It's happened to me but I dont hold it against them it's life
    Im sure you will find a nice friend on here sooner or later.
    Maybe sometimes people get scared off meeting someone from the net. Might have seemed like a good idea at the time.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get what you mean, I have replied to a few of these threads and OP never reply's back. I am at the point now where I'm not going to bother anymore.