+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Hi Fluiflo and Bec D

    Congratulations for getting in to ACU! Hope all goes well for you on the 21st. I began part time at ACU last year, which means I will continue part time this year doing 1st year subjects:
    MIDW127 and HLSC110
    So we might get the opportunity to attend the same classes . Looking at the timetable I hope to attend uni either on Tuesday or Thursday (depending on how tutorial direct behaves tomorrow and then there is the MIDW lecture on Monday evening ...... *sigh*

    Sending to you Foggy for the 7th!



    Quote Originally Posted by Bec D View Post
    Oh that's great, congratulations!
    Yep I've been on tutorial direct and have finally started deciphering the timetable lol. I've had that lecture auto allocated as well. I'm looking forward to orientation too, I think it will help a lot with my nerves....hopefully I don't get lost coming from the Gold Coast though....I'm going to try and get to the one on the 21st also, it just depends on work.
    Hope to see you there

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Danann11 View Post
    Hi Fluiflo and Bec D

    Congratulations for getting in to ACU! Hope all goes well for you on the 21st. I began part time at ACU last year, which means I will continue part time this year doing 1st year subjects:
    MIDW127 and HLSC110
    So we might get the opportunity to attend the same classes . Looking at the timetable I hope to attend uni either on Tuesday or Thursday (depending on how tutorial direct behaves tomorrow and then there is the MIDW lecture on Monday evening ...... *sigh*

    Sending to you Foggy for the 7th!
    Hello!
    I've just done my timetable, THAT was a new experience lol, missed out on a couple of spots where I wanted them and had to madly rearrange things before they filled up. I've managed to get the whole of Wednesday off, thankfully, but everything therefore ended up in blocks, so I have no breaks in between anything! I wonder whether this was a mistake. Guess ill find out! Lol
    I've got 5hrs on Monday (including that same lecture on Monday evening), 3 hrs Tuesday, 6hrs Thursday and 4 on Friday hopefully having Wednesday off will make it manageable.

    how do you find it all? I'm nervous about having a tute before a lecture, but once I'd picked it there was nothing I could do about it. I have no idea what to expect lol I'd never thought I'd even get in to uni, but here I am.
    Just want to start already, am super excited. Might be seeing you soon!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Well done Fluiflo!

    Yes Tutorial direct is an experience in itself ;-) It turns out that alot of the classes were restricted for Graduate students only ie nurses. So like you I had to do some juggling also. Don't be too concerned that you have a Tut before the lecture - they are aware of that when they do the timetabling.

    I've managed to book all my subjects (2) on Thursday. I prefer to book them back to back and then there's the MIDW127 lecture on Monday (which the 2nd years tell me it is best to attend as Gail doesn't tend to post the slides). In the past I've always listened to the lectures online, this saved me making extra trips into Uni.

    Do you have any of these classes on Thursday?
    MIDW127 - Prac 10-12
    Tut 12-1
    HLSC110 - Prac 2-4
    Tut 4-5

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Hi Danann11 and Fluiflo
    I tried to organise all my classes back to back but I was also thrown by the ones for Graduate students only....argh! lol
    As the Prac and Tut for MIDW127 are now only available on Thursdays, and that's the only day I can't attend, I might have to drop that unit this semester

    Danann11 do you know if I would be able to do three subjects as a part time student or just the two (BIOL121 and HLSC122)?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec D View Post
    Hi Danann11 and Fluiflo
    I tried to organise all my classes back to back but I was also thrown by the ones for Graduate students only....argh! lol
    As the Prac and Tut for MIDW127 are now only available on Thursdays, and that's the only day I can't attend, I might have to drop that unit this semester

    Danann11 do you know if I would be able to do three subjects as a part time student or just the two (BIOL121 and HLSC122)?
    Hiya Bec D
    Yes you can do the three subjects as a part time student. That's such a shame about the MIDW timetable. See how you go, I would suggest contacting Gail she may be able to help

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Danann11 View Post
    Hiya Bec D
    Yes you can do the three subjects as a part time student. That's such a shame about the MIDW timetable. See how you go, I would suggest contacting Gail she may be able to help

    Oh that's great, thank you so much for replying! I was wondering who I should call, I was thinking Julie but wasn't sure so was just going to wait until orientation, I will definitely call Gail tomorrow though

    Good luck with your studies this year

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Oh yes Bec D - contact Julie.... you might find it easier to get through to her :-)

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Danann11 View Post
    Oh yes Bec D - contact Julie.... you might find it easier to get through to her :-)
    Ok will do, thanks so much!


 

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 Nursing and Midwifery students chat
    By RHJ in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 535
    Last Post: 07-08-2013, 14:43
  2. ACU Banyo - 1st year student Bachelor of Midwifery. QUESTIONS!!
    By bambi79 in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27-07-2012, 16:34
  3. Midwifery at Griffith 2012
    By Lucy1983 in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 27-01-2012, 15:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Ro&Co
Share magical moments this Christmas with this gorgeous gingerbread house. Exclusively available in Brisbane, with FREE delivery in Brisbane Metro areas. Each Christmas Centrepiece is unique and made to order, from $240.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Impressionable Kids
Impressionable Kids are Australia's leader in framed children's memorabilia and specialise in framed baby hand and feet sculptures. With franchise locations throughout Australia you can be assured you will receive a quality handmade product with a lifetime warranty on all frames.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!