+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Midwifery - ACU Banyo - 2012

Hi all

I know there is a Midwifery/Nursing thread but I thought I might also start a thread for those of us studying at ACU this year so we chat, ask questions and basically keep up-to-date!

I'm Chantel and am starting off as part-time this year.

I have enrolled in Biol121 - Tut 11-2 Monday and lecture 12-3pm Thursday
    HLSC111 - Tut 10-11am and Lecture 12-2pm on Wednesdays.

Look forward to chatting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there

I'm Cheryl, and I'll be studying part time midwifery as well.

At this stage my classes are
    Tues BIOL121 Lec 2-5pm
    Wed HLSC111 Tut 10-11am, Lec 12-2pm, and BIOL121 Prac 2-5pm

Roll on next Wednesday... it'll be great to finally meet up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi.

Im doing bMid fulltime. Looking forward to Monday being our first day! Good luck to us all!

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm not sure if you guys are still around on BubHub but if you are, how are you finding your studies and ACU? I have applied to do BMid for 2013.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by foggy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys are still around on BubHub but if you are, how are you finding your studies and ACU? I have applied to do BMid for 2013.
    Hi there, just registered on bub hub to reply, it seems there's a wealth of info about ACU Bmid on here as it keeps coming up on google lol!
    I have also applied for 2013 (which I've just realised it is already! ) I'm eagerly awaiting the 17th for the qtac major offer round and hoping I'll get a spot at ACU either Bmid or nursing. It seems though that I'm the only childless woman in the world that wants to do midwifery, I'm hoping that I won't be the only one if I get accepted.

good luck to you and I hope you get in if you haven't heard already!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi foggy and Fluiflo

Would love to know how you went with your applications??
    I'm starting Midwifery at ACU Brisbane this year and am so nervous cos I haven't studied in nearly 20 years!..... I have my fingers crossed for you both

Thanks
    Reviews

Hey Bec! I have changed my preference o Nursing there so waiting in the Feb 7 round!
    Congrats on your offer! I have heard there is a lot of help for essays etc there if you're feeling overwhelmed or unsure. I know I will be seeking help if I need it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for replying
    Oh cool, I hope you receive an offer! I think a lot of the units are the same for nursing and midwifery students in the first semester so you'll have to let me know how you go.
    That's great!....It's nice to know I'll be able to ask for help if I need it. Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for replying! I got my first preference (Bmid) on the 17th and am super happy I've already been out to get some stationery LOL. I can't wait to start and it's really good to know that there is lots of support, I haven't studied in about 6 years myself. I'm looking forward to orientation so I can orientate myself lol and I'm going to the non-school leavers support day thing as well on the 21st so I can refresh myself a bit. Have you been on tutorial direct yet? We can view the lecture and tute times but can't allocate them until the 30th. I have the "beginning the journey" lecture already allocated to me on Monday at 6pm of all times!
    Good luck for the next round Foggy

hope I see you both there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's great, congratulations!
    Yep I've been on tutorial direct and have finally started deciphering the timetable lol. I've had that lecture auto allocated as well. I'm looking forward to orientation too, I think it will help a lot with my nerves....hopefully I don't get lost coming from the Gold Coast though....I'm going to try and get to the one on the 21st also, it just depends on work.
    Hope to see you there