+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH took 6 weeks. He only was paid for one week and took the rest as sick leave. They told him that because he was in a heterosexual relationship, he can have 1 week. If he were in a same sex relationship, he could have 6. It doesn't make sense to me at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DF just started his leave, he's taking 2 months off prior to the baby being due and 1 month after. We could have done it the other way but because he travels a lot for work we decided it was safer to have him home just incase I went into labour earlier and it gives us time to finalise the nursery etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My ex had the days I was in hospital off, visited for an hour each day, and then went back to school (he was studying at the time and offered a week off by teachers) the day after I got home telling me 'dads are meant to provide, not care for the babies' somehow he believed him going to school was providing for us and therefore gave him exemption from any parenting responsibilities.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With baby #1- 2 weeks (after I'd come home) and almost drove me insane.

Baby #2, 3 and 4- he had 3 days off. That was more than enough for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my first he took the the four days we were in hospital off. Second baby a couple of days whilst I birthed. In both instances he had 10 days paternity leave to take in first six months so he did take those days as required over that time. I had my mum rent an apartment near me for a couple of weeks both times so had support otherwise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DH went back to work same day we got home from hospital with #1 and #2 and the following morning with #3 and #4 . As a farmer it is unavoidable but it was never a problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DF took 10 weeks leave. It was awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH was unemployed when DS was born. After a couple of weeks he started doing some low paid odd jobs around people's houses. Only a few hours a day. That was lucky as I had a CS and took a long time to recover.
    This time DH is a teacher, the baby is due at the end of term/beginning of holidays...so hopefully it will come on time and I'll have a good 2 weeks of support. When DH goes backto work my mum will come and help a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was three weeks
    but he had a friend over from nz so it was hard for me cause i basically had to cope on my own.
    with two kids and a newborn and extreme pain.
    it was really hard. but i got through it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For our first, 2 weeks; our 2nd, 6 weeks (she was born just before Christmas and the business was closed for 2 weeks so it all rolled together nicely!); for our 3rd, 3 weeks- he could have taken off more, but had too much to get finished off at work before they closed over Christmas again.

OP- 2 weeks was a nice amount of time with #1