+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default *Spin off* How much leave (if any) did your DP take after birth?

Hi all,

As the title suggests...

My DH is planning 3 weeks off (as that is how much annual leave he will have accrued by then), it is our first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At this rate none 6 weeks out still not sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dp has told his parents 2 weeks, but he might go back sooner and just do shorter days as he usually works around 12-14hrs a day at the moment..

I don't think I could handle dp at home for 2 weeks straight, and def not any longer. I would like him to work and just do shorter days... That would be ideal for us at this point.

He is technically permanent casual and would not be getting any wage while off even though his parents are his employers, they have previously said they would pay him, but a big falling out has changed that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder if him being home for that amount of time will drive me crazy too!

He was initially going to take time off while I was still in hospital - I told him to work that time, couldn't bare him hovering around in a small room all day. Plus there's nurses and stuff there to help. He can just come see me in the mornings and spend the evenings there as well.

Would love to hear how long people needed their partners home after c-section.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    5 days with DD1, though, he didn't actually book it off or anything..no one at his work knew we were having a baby. He called in sick the day after I had DD1 and had 5 days off, went back to work for 2 days then had his rostered week off.
    With DD2 he didn't have a job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When our first was born DH had two weeks off. However he developed a cold and I banned him from visiting til he was better. With our second he took two days, he wasn't able to take more without risking his job. This time around he's got the whole month if need be but will probably only use about a week or a week and a half.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DP took 2 months from when I was 37 weeks pregnant. DD came at 41 + 4. I found I was ready for him to go back about a week or two before he was due to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When my first was born, EXP only took 1 week off, he was only casual so it was unpaid leave. When my second was born he took 2weeks off, he was fulltime so we could afford to take more time off as it was paid.
    This time around i'm not sure how much, if any leave DP will take, he will be in the police academy and I'm not sure your able to take leave while in training.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    DH has had 5 and a half weeks off since bub arrived. Has been great as I had a c section and haven't been driving. He was also home about 2 weeks before bub arrived.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    2 weeks from when they came home.