+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Didnt find out the sex until birth. Family knew the names we had picked but we changed it the minute he was born

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    First child we told the sex but not the name.
    Second child we didn't find out the sex until the birth so obviously couldn't tell anyone and kept names a secret too.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With DS1, we kept gender and name a secret. We told people that we didn't know the gender either so they wouldn't harass us to find out (but they still did!)

With DS2, we kept the name a secret but shared the gender.

If there is ever a third, I will keep both a secret from others - I prefer to surprise them at the same time as the announcement.

My friend is due very soon and everyone already knows the sex and name...I think it kinda takes the excitement out of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We knew her sex by 22 weeks and by 30 weeks had named her so instead of being 'the baby' she was referred to by name as it was amazing watching her recognise the voices who spoke to my tummy the most once she was born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We don't know the sex (not that people seem to believe us), and we've kept all our names a secret.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We told the sex simply because I was wayyyy to excited and wouldn't have been able to wait or keep it to myself haha...

We haven't told people the name, just a few close friends, my 2 best friends, and dp has mentioned it to his mate.. Not that his mate really cares haha.. Men!!

Everyone knows the middle name as its automatic due to family law. Haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh ... And all my BH and due in group people know her name... Obviously hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was also really vague with when i was due with DD2 because i was overdue with DD1 and assumed i likely would be again and didn't want the harassment of people asking if i'd given birth yet (instead i got harassment from people continually asking when i was due - until i cracked it one night and said 'a week ago' didn't get any questions after that ).

Thanks
    Reviews
    The first 2 times we told the sex to everyone and a name if we had it or choices we were thinking about.

This time (our last) only a select few ie family, a few close friends and my DIG know the sex and any name choice. Just thought we'd like to keep it to ourselves this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are attempting to get pregnant with IVF. I've already told DH that i want to keep sex and name to ourselves. I want us to have something that is just for us only (besides doctors!). With IVF, even the making of the baby isnt private and for those we have told about IVF, they know whats going on each step of the way. So i want us to have that one little thing that is just ours. Only thing will be me keeping my mouth shout as i know how excited i will be!