+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How much did you reveal?

I have noticed that it is a bit of a trend lately to reveal the sex and/or name of baby before it is born.
    I had twins and I knew what sex they were and had the names picked out for months but did not tell a soul. Infact, if people did not work it out for themselves I would not have told people we were having twins. I got MASSIVE, so there was no hiding that lol.
    I think I just liked having a secret and loved watching people trying to work it out and guessing the types of names we liked.
    So, did you tell people the names and sex of you little ones? If so why or why not.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    We told everyone the sex and her 1st name. After 2 miscarriages we were so excited we wanted to share our joy with everyone.
    Next pregnancy I'm not sure what we'll do, probably tell the sex but not the name. I'm very close with my family though and keeping the excitement in is tough

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Auntyamber For This Useful Post:

babycake  (09-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We told everyone the sex and name of our DS. We chose his name at 6 weeks pregnant and we used that name when talking about him so eventually everyone found out. It didnt bother us at all.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

babycake  (09-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We told sex but not name. We told about some of our options, but when we decided we kept it until we announced his birth

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mimsie For This Useful Post:

babycake  (09-02-2012)

Guest Guest
    We told everyone both, the only problem telling people the name is they have an opinion and ask questions. Like our parents and family would say 'why that name, why not this name' it was annoying. To us it helped us connect with the babies and they already had their identity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'll probably find out the sex on Monday - and therefore I'll know their name - and I'm toying with the idea of telling no one the sex. Everyone is saying they hope it's a boy and blah blah so I'm thinking maybe keep it a secret. Will see come Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Told name and sex from when we knew with DD. this time we had names picked out before conceiving so a few knew, but no one knows the sex this time, not even us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    we found out the sex and had a name but didnt tell anyone. we even told them that we didnt know the sex cause im sure someone would convince me to tell them!

for me it was mostly that the US could of been wrong and we ended up with a girl instead of a boy. but also if people know the sex and name, what suprise is there when bub is born?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've told the sex both times, but not names. Or even the short list names!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should add, I had a scheduled Caesar if I didn't go into spontaneous labour so come April fools day everyone knew a baby boy was coming. It was nice to still have some suspense and element of surprise for everyone.

I also found it hard hearing everyone else's opinions, including one that stopped me sharing for the most part "my friend was raped by someone with that name" who I didn't know or associate with at all. It really deflated the experience of sharing name ideas for me, as we had pretty much totally settled on that name, it was almost set in stone - I couldn't stick with it after though. I remember just thinking well you have a child with the name of the person who raped me and I wouldn't dare tell you that and risk negatively affecting how you feel about it, let alone if it belonged to someone i didn't know! Yes that's a bit sulky but I can be when I'm emotional and pregnant I was lol