+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default pre-eclampsia... possible?

i thought maybe i have pre-eclampsia. (going to docs soon) but

is it possible to have pre-eclampsia if your symptoms arent always there?.

i have been having

spots floating around in my eyes (and sometimes blurry vision, and disorientation)

swelling of my feet/ankles and sometimes hands

had a weird headache last night for ages (i dont usually get them)

pain in my upper tummy (sharp stabby pain)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    defiently get checked out thats how my PE started at least you are almost classed as full term (37 weeks) so if there is a problem with PE baby should be healthy if born now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Def get your bp and urine checked
    You have some of the classic symptoms

Bfp!!! Little bug due 25/6/12

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have not done a pee test in a month or more and the only thing that was detected then was sugar. (had milo cereal for breakfast)

going to the docs 6.30pm tomorrow so will mention the symptoms then. hopefully it is nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had symptoms of PE at about 35 weeks and it wasn't till 37 weeks they took notice of it. (I was induced and ended up with emergency c section at 38 weeks)
    My symptoms were swelling of feet/ hands and face. ( I didn't notice the face swelling till after it went down though)
    Spots in my vision like you described.
    High BP which was totally normal until 34 weeks then it went gradually higher.
    By 37 weeks it was dangerously high
    I also had protein in my urine but not enough for them to diagnose actual PE until I was in hospital complaining of heart palpitations at 37 weeks!!
    I also had headaches.
    Definitely get it checked out and make sure they do all the tests needed. I fully believe my labour would have been different if they ha admitted I had pe earlier than they did!
    I ended up with failing kidneys, dangerously high BP, a failed induction, an emergency c section and I was 'this' close to needing a blood transfusion.
    Sorry, I'm not trying to scare you!! Just definitely make sure they take your symptoms seriously!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannaBamumma View Post
    I had symptoms of PE at about 35 weeks and it wasn't till 37 weeks they took notice of it. (I was induced and ended up with emergency c section at 38 weeks)
    My symptoms were swelling of feet/ hands and face. ( I didn't notice the face swelling till after it went down though)
    Spots in my vision like you described.
    High BP which was totally normal until 34 weeks then it went gradually higher.
    By 37 weeks it was dangerously high
    I also had protein in my urine but not enough for them to diagnose actual PE until I was in hospital complaining of heart palpitations at 37 weeks!!
    I also had headaches.
    Definitely get it checked out and make sure they do all the tests needed. I fully believe my labour would have been different if they ha admitted I had pe earlier than they did!
    I ended up with failing kidneys, dangerously high BP, a failed induction, an emergency c section and I was 'this' close to needing a blood transfusion.
    Sorry, I'm not trying to scare you!! Just definitely make sure they take your symptoms seriously!!!

what a scary experience you had to go through.
    no its ok. its good to know. i have been telling them about my symptoms but nothing gets looked into (no test done, the just nodded it off) . will certainly make sure they do the checks. even if it means yelling and screaming till they take notice of me haha.
    the thing that really freaks me out with your post is, i posted on here how i was having heart palpitations and racing heart beat (totally forgot that has been happening... baby brain) .

though the only time my blood pressure has been high was when i fainted (was 9 weeks preg)

i will say the words pe and get them to check me out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Demand a urine test. Seeing spots is a classic symptom. I saw them (after a protein reading 2 days before and high BP readings for 3 weeks) and was induced 2 hours later a 40 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyandbubby View Post
    what a scary experience you had to go through.
    no its ok. its good to know. i have been telling them about my symptoms but nothing gets looked into (no test done, the just nodded it off) . will certainly make sure they do the checks. even if it means yelling and screaming till they take notice of me haha.
    the thing that really freaks me out with your post is, i posted on here how i was having heart palpitations and racing heart beat (totally forgot that has been happening... baby brain) .

though the only time my blood pressure has been high was when i fainted (was 9 weeks preg)

i will say the words pe and get them to check me out.
    Re: the heart palpitations. I noticed them around 37 ish weeks and mentioned it at my next appointment. They put me on a monitor for bubs movement etc and it was all fine so they let me go, bp was high but thy thought it was cos i was 'nervous'!!
    I was told to come back in if I experienced anything else so as soon as I felt them again I rang and was admitted then and there. I was induced pretty much 2 days later as my BP just went down hill really fast.
    Sometimes I think we need to be more insistent about knowing our own bodies. I knew something was wrong but it kept getting waved off and then thought I was just being a paranoid first time mummy so didn't want to push it too much!
    Fingers crossed everything is fine for you though! But at least if it is PE and they diagnose it early you can manage it rather than have an experience like mine!