+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I should have just told my MIL!!

Dh and I decided to find out the gender of our 2nd baby at 32 weeks (boy) but no body knows that we have have found out.
    My MIL keeps on going on about how I am having a girl, how everyone else in the family had a boy/girl, referring to my tummy as her 'grand-daughter', even buying me something 'pink' for luck. She is driving me nuts. Then she will say something like (if she sees I get a tad annoyed) "oh doesnt matter what it is as long as it is healthy, blah, blah"

But still I am so sick of it. I keep telling Dh that I feel like she wont 'love' our 2nd boy as much as another girl and feel that the family will be disappointed if it is a boy (well it will be!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Does she know you know? From when my MIL knew we knew she referred to baby as a 'she' - I asked DF had he told her & he said no (at that stage we weren't telling anyone) I think she was just saying 'she' so we'd correct her or slip and say 'she' too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ohh bloody MIL's!! They can be so annoying and selfish can't they?

If I were in your position, I'd tell her it's a boy and say she better get used to it!!

That will stop the 'she' talk and also give her a few weeks to pull her hear in.

Best wishes on the last few weeks of pregnancy.

Short and sweet because I sent this from my iPhone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think that if I wanted to keep it a secret until after the birth from everyone I still would. Unless she is upsetting you but I don't think you should have to 'justify' or prepare her for the gender of your baby, that's not really fair on you. How would it go "I'm really sorry MIL but it's another boy". That's not on to me.

But if you did tell MIL "I'm so excited it's another blue one. DS is so lucky to have a brother to play with".

I hope you can get some peace for the rest of your pregnancy. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by April78 View Post
    Maybe I'm a wee bit evil but I would take great satisfaction in letting her think it was a girl than after the birth say "oh yes we have known for ages that we where having a boy!!" Would love to see her face than hehehehe.
    Haha, Dh cant wait to see her face when she finds out it is a boy!