+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default when and how did you know it was time to reduce number of day naps?

HI, just wondering how old your LO's were when they dropped to 2 naps per day, and how did you know it was time.. what signals did your LO give you etc? DS is 6 months old and has been a pretty ordinary day sleeper at the best of times needing to be resettled at the 45 min mark for 99 percent of his day sleeps but lately his first morning nap he has been waking at the 30 min mark and being incredibly difficult to get back to sleep. Could this mean that I am putting him down too soon after waking... currently it's 2 hrs, and that I should keep him up a bit longer and reduce his naps to 2? Just looking for some ideas/advice... thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would try keeping him up a little longer and just watch for tired signs, as soon as he rubs those eyes you know he needs to go to bed

Let him make the decisions for you about his sleep routine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD's are almost 3 and they are lucky to have a day nap. They just stopped it on their own. They can show tired signs all day but won't go to sleep most of the time. Sometimes they will ask me to go nigh nigh though. They usually go to bed about 7:30 or 8 and get up at about 7 in the morning.
    At 6 months old they were still having 3 naps a day usually for an hour or so, they just dropped the naps themselves.

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The average number of hours for a 6 month old to nap during the day is between 3-4 hours. My 5.5 month old naps between 3-4 hours most days.

All babies are different.

My 20 month old naps twice a day, a total of about 3.5 hours over the day.

Alot of babies drop down to one nap somewhere after 1 year but many still need two.

A babies sleep cycle is about 45 mins, usually they drift back off to sleep again after waking slightly during this 45 min stint - maybe try allowing him to drift back off or resettle.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just let dd sleep when she was visibly tired. She hasnt had a day nap since about 16 mo! All babies are different

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS was 7.5 months. He was catnapper and just started lengthening his naps on his own.
    I'm kind of in the same position as you, just wondering if DS needs 2 naps or one.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have always just gone with the flow with DS and because he used to catnap, he had so many naps a day I didn't even bother counting.

But he finally dropped to 2 naps a day about a month or 2 ago (at 9ish months) and they are now usually 1.5hours long.