+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are going straight to IVF/ICSI. There's a smaller chance of IUI working and for the cost of it I don't think it worth it. They only let you do 3 rounds before moving on to IVF in most clinics. So 3 rounds of IUI is pretty much the same cost as IVF anyways. Also with IVF it's not just the one "pop". You could up with quite a few frozen embryos for next time too! Just in my opinion

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Rainbow Road, Allymumtobe and rainbowbabe for that information. How much does ICSI cost? Does medicare help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    My fiancée and I did four failed iuis with donor sperm before moving on to IVF. We got a BFP recently from our first IVF. Next time I would completely skip iuis even though they have been proven effective for some people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    IUI is approx $2800 from memory. IVF is approx $9500. I think ICSI is approx $1000 more and it's something we are considering doing to have an even better chance of more eggs fertilising. We want as many as possible for future bubs

I think IUI is a big gamble. It might take in a few goes but if it doesn't then you may have spent $6-9k anyway and then have to spend the $9k on IVF anyways.. We don't feel lucky enough to take the risk haha.

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default single icsi and donor sperm prices at fertility solutions?

Hello,

I was looking at prices for icsi cycle and donor sperm at Fertility Solutions. I was looking at the affordable solutions (2016) on their sight and they don't say much for out of pocket expenses you might encounter (Medicare Safety Net) doesn't cover. Can anyone help me?