+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Very few companies offer leave loading any more.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for that info Treegirl. I wonder if it applies because 1 contract had ended and another commenced? I didn't get a chance to call fair work today but will just see what happens.

I receive a reply to my email requesting it be paid out to me, it sort of read like he was throwing his hands up in the air, so has referred the matter to the bookkeeper, but it wasn't clear if he was telling the book keeper to just pay it or askinh him if they are obliged to pay it. But at the very least I will get paid for the 75% of it that I had used. The balance is really only worth about $80 because I am part time, but I feel it has become a matter of principle.

Whether other companies pay it or not, he removed a benefit from my contract without doing me the courtesy of telling me (I know there is no legal requirement to do this but for the sake of good work place relations and valuing your staff, being sneaky and underhanded is not worthwhile IMO) and had no intention of compensating me. In effect, he was happy to see me be $300 a year worse off(there was no pay increase in the new contract) and I'm sure that seems a pathetic figure to get worked up about, but at the moment, that is a lot of money for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Let us know how you go - fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kw123- fair point, the OP has not actually been terminated. However it is arguable that the unilateral change to her contract equates to termination. I'd have to know all the facts though. Anyway, good luck with it, and hope the bookkeeper gives you the answer you want.
    In relation to a post stating that many workers getting annual leave loading anymore, I would have to respectfully disagree

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have never has leave loading or cone across many companies who offer it.