+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I personally wouldn't want to do a month away from my kids, not at the moment anyway, but I can certainly see why others would. We've done full days, nights out and 1 overnight stay. Hopefully it will build up to weekends.

We went out last night without kids. It was great! Shame my in-laws are moving away in three months. For 11 years they (MIL mostly) made life hell but they have been mostly lovely for the last six months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I could do a week or two but I'd miss them terribly! But there are places I'd love to go that I just couldn't take the kids so that would be the sacrifice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We leave DS with my parents about 1-2 a month for overnight and do grown up stuff (ie- drink wine and cocktails and eat a meal in a restaurant that doesn’t have highchairs and without sharing any with grubby hands!). We need that time, we went a couple of months without it (life caught up with us) and I could feel us suffering because of it. DH and I need our time together to regroup sometimes!

I am going away at the end of the month for a week for work and am sooo looking forward to it, DH will have DS and I will get some 'me' time. I also have some weekends and overnights planned with girlfriends over the next 6-8months that I am looking forward too. This week away will be the longest I will have been away from him, I cant imagine going away for a month, yet, ask me in 10 years when I have 3 (hopefully!) then I will be singing a different song I’m sure!

My mum and dad left us for two weeks when I was 12, sister was 11 and my brother was 6, I’m not scarred by it in anyway.I feel lots of things when I am away from DS, and think about him all the time, but I rarely feel guilty.
    Last edited by Uh-Oh; 09-02-2012 at 11:07.

babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dh and I both love to travel. So while the kids are little we have decided that we both take separate overseas holidays every year just to relax and unwind. Last year he went to Japan with my two best girlfriends . It worked out well, they had a ball.
    This year I am meeting the same friends in Dubai for a week. Cannot wait. It keeps the spark alive and allows us just focus on ourselves.
    We do take the kiddies away too but feel that a holiday by ourselves works wonders

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love to be able to do it. I absolutely need time on my own sometimes and DH and I desperately need to reconnect and have time alone but we have no one who will watch the kids and can't afford to hire anyone. We haven't so mch as had a dinner on our own for 2 years. I'm craving a night away. But ain't going to happen. If you're in a position to do it, then by all means enjoy it and don't feel guilty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have jasper in daycare 3 days a week so I can study (though ATM its a bit more 'napping' & 'growing baby' time. Though I'm now a month ahead on study so it's not like I do nothing!) and only occasionally feel a bit lost without him. More I get a bit bored. Or if he's said something gorgeous and charming like 'my no want daycare, my want stay home with mummy' I feel a bit badly.

Overnight... If I've got plans I love it - even if DF is home id rather jasper not be here in the morning if ive had a big night! But If we're just at home I would prefer him home - but I love the relationship he has with grandma so I've been happy to have him baby sat overnight.

Also, I've been away once without him - just 36 hours - and it was awesome! (aside from the sore full breasts!!! I pumped & had to throw out so much milk as well but expressing just isn't the same)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD went away without me for 10 days last year (went to Bali with her dad and his gf), i took a week off work and it was heaven! Slept in, got heaps of stuff done around the house uninterrupted, visited friends and got to have proper chats, went out one night and slept all day the next day... Can't wait to do it again!

FearlessLeader is online now Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm perfectly fine with leaving my 'baby' (not really a baby anymore, but I've always been fine with it) I've had weekends away and he's done sleepovers at Grandparents. I'd do it more often but I work and we can't really afford it time or money wise. I don't even miss him while I'm at work, I don't think about him all day. Doesn't mean I love him any less or he's not important to me. He's just not the centre of my universe, I am. Yes I know that makes me a terible selfish person. But I am happy, he is happy, and he is dearly dearly loved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I feel so much more human now that I work fulltime. I love having other adults to talk with and form friendships that don't revolve around children.

I think people often forget that mothers are still human, there's fathers who leave their children for months on end for work, who go to pubs nightly, who work late, who have friendships, who enjoy alone time and nobody bats an eyelid.

I love my life and words can't even explain how much I love my boy. I also like having interests of my own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    About twice a year I stay with family for 2 days just to get some me time. Never been away from them for more than 2 days and that kills me.

Having said that, I have to have me time. My gym time isn't just for fitness it's a moment to myself. Sometimes I say to DH I'm going out for a few hours. I'll get a massage or get my hair cut. Go window shopping. I have to have that. I'm mum and wife but I'm me too. I spend 95% of my life catering to everyone else I deserve that 5% and feel zero guilt for it.