+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im away alot of nights from DD (work an study) but really I feed and bath her before I leave and it's a max 1.5 hours I'm away before shed in bed asleep.

I can count on one hand the amount of nights weve spent apart since she was born (she's 20mnths old)

I envy mums like you that can go away and enjoy yourself. I just spend the whole time missing DD

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't do "big" trips, either a night or two for a birthday or special occasion. I'd love a big trip haha

the most time we have spent away from DD was 8 days over Christmas as our Kindy is shut most of those days and me and DP work most of the public holidays.
    DD LOVES it. She goes to my parents house and has a ball. We have done it for the past 2 years and between the new Xmas presents she has and the few places my parents take her (it's what ever they like so to the zoo or even just a ride on the train and bus to go to have lunch somewhere - dd loves public transport??? )

I've had a few not-so-nice comments from People about how they could never leave their child for "so long". It annoys me. Yes I leave DD with my parents for a night or two but 1. I have complete trust in them and 2 it happens every 3/4 months. Yet they go out drinking every second weekend but it's ok cause they only leave their kid for 1 night ......... same difference !! I just save my nights up haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sort of like you I guess in that I have at least one or two evenings out/away from kids a week, and the occasional weekend/few days now that my bf days are behind me.

Different in that my daughter is, well for brevity, neurotic and scared and wouldn't cope with being left for too many nights in a row cause she would fret I wasn't coming back. We are working on her fears and realities with her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't spend much time away from my kids on a day-to-day basis. I'm studying pt and a SAHM so am with them pretty much all the time (except when the older two are at school). I actually miss them when they're at school and miss DS (who is 2) terribly when he's at child are 2days a week when I study. I haven't left him overnight yet and can't imagine doing so for a while yet.

The older two we left for a week for our honeymoon, again for 2-3 nights at a time when Dh and I have gone to a wedding or function etc. and I went o/seas for a month with my sister when I was pg with the third.

Its weird, I miss them a lot when we're away )ESP thr honeymoon- the first time), but I know I need that time. However i can't imagine working ft and not seek g them all day-every day! That would kill me!

I agree when you don't have any family around and getting regular couple time, it's more important to do it in blocks like you mentioned. That's his it seems for us anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my time away from DS. I love it when he is at his dad's. I love my social life and catching up for a few drinks with friends. Last year I went to FNQ for a week without him. I loved every second. Im planning Thailand in Dec for 2 weeks with friends and he will not be coming. I love and adore my son, but I like my time too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would never leave my kids for a month. Ever. Fair play to those who do but it's just not my bag. I would miss them to much x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a mum who loves to miss her kids.

I've had lots of trips inter-state and overseas leaving my children with their dad and he does the same. Like others we don't have any family support so it's our chance to recharge. We also don't just miss the kids, hint hint DS was conceived when DH came home from 2 weeks fishing.

In April will be our first big trip away together leaving the children with their Nan. I'm so freaking excited to pack just 2 people's stuff and sit on a plane not entertaining rugrats.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When our kids are older we will definitely be having a weekend with nana, while mummy and daddy go away together!
    I have every thursday on my own, as DD goes to daycare, and thats my housework day.

DanceInTheRain is offline Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DS has stayed numerous times overnight with various close friends. He's a pretty adaptable little man and I have absolutely no qualms doing so. He sleeps through and always has fun. The longest I've left him was a week when we went to Bali for our wedding/honeymoon and due to Visa issues DH's mum couldn't make it so we decided to leave DS with her, partly to soften the blow of her not being able to make it and partly to make our life easier while we were on holidays. It was kinda awesome but at the same time I missed him A LOT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think its important to remember that all mums miss their kids when they are separated from them.

It just seems that some women are able to recognise that they need time too.

I am sure some dont need time apart and thats great. As a 24/7 no break mum, I cannot do that to my own sanity.

It would turn me into a martyr and I would become bitter and depressed.

( please note, I am not calling anyone else these things. Its just like you would not leave your kids as it would affect your family.)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (09-02-2012),Mummybear3  (09-02-2012)