+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Mammas who leave their babies...

Ok..this is for mums who do spend time away from their kids.

I go out a fair bit. weekends away with DH or the girls.

at least once every 2 months.
    also I go out every second night. DH does baths, story, bed.

I love and adore my kids and I do not feel guilt at this.

I do require some me time though. I cannot cope without some space every now and then.

Next year ,DH and I are going away for a month. We have been married 13 years and feel we need to connect back as a couple, in order to keep us happy.
    I totally understand that some mums cannot leave their kids and thats totally cool...but we all require different things to keep us ticking away.

so any other mums like me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would be happy to have a occasional night off but I have no one to look after my DS! So he's with me pretty much 24/7 except when at tafe

Thanks
    Reviews
    DF and I have date night every few weeks and either his family or my mum has our DD's. We're also planning a holiday for a week just the 2 of us as that's something we've never done before.
    I say if you need the space and have the family support to help with the kids then do it. Yes kids are a priority. But everyone needs some time to themselves, DF and I ensure one another gets this also. We do enough with the kids so they aren't left out and have plenty of family time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think one of the reasons we are going away, is that we do not have family support.
    they all live OS.

so we do not get time off at any time unless we hire someone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love to but have no family in australia :-( I think it's essential for a couple to have some time alone

Thanks
    Reviews
    The big one yes, the little one no, I'm not ready to leave her yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure in a few years when Dh is not working away I will be up for trips away with the girls.. or my Mum! We still really really wanna go to India together! I dont see any problem with it. I would, and do get claustrophobic when its just me and ds for 4 weeks straight when DH is at work!! Thankfully my folks are 15 mins down the road and adore ds and will have him for over night stays often.

I have a bff who has another bff who is single, works FIFO has no children herself and every year shouts my bff an overseas trip for 2-3 weeks. My bff has 2 under 7, is a struggling single mum and while she misses them she needs that time away to reconnect with herself. Its so important to not lose sight of yourself in the long journey of parenthood.

Thanks
    Reviews
    some down time is essential whether you have one child or 5!!! i have my one day off per week where my DD goes to daycare. I also had a short holiday early last year was the longest 4 days of my life never again!!! i missed her soooo much but because she was only just 2 couldnt even talk to her on the phone.

OP hope you and hubby have a great time away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I need time to still be me and not just solely focused on someone else. This week I'm away at a conference for work and am using the time to also catch up with friends and do things I don't normally do. I also went overseas last year for 2 weeks with my dad and brother. It was a great experience for all 3 of us and something we will always remember.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I go away on weekends pretty regularly for work and I love it! My 14 mth old doesn't miss me (so I'm told!), I love the feeling of independence and freedom while I'm out working, and I get a sleep in while I'm gone

And coming home to her is such a sweet feeling.

I'm also planning a girls weekend soon which gives me something to look forward to!