+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Spots and greasy skin whilst TTC

Since coming off the pill to TTC my skin has been so bad through out my cycles. I have about 1 week after AF when my skin is clear. The rest of the time I feel like a teenager all over again. Face and back mega greasy and pimply.

Anyone else have this issue? Are you taking anything that can help control it whilealso being safe TTC

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup, me too! Please let me know if anyone has some solutions!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Look at your diet Hun. Cut back on all preservatives, junk etc and get into a clean healthy diet lots of good oils like flax, coconut and avo...

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I posted about this a while ago too... I now use bicarb soda to wash my face (make it into a paste and gently rub it on) and every night while in the shower I use a manuka honey mask on my T-zone. Just plain old antibacterial manuka honey from the healthfood store. It's great! The honey especially has made a huge difference to my skin. I'm still spotty, but nowhere near as bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MoonstoneMare. Sorry to hear youve had the same issue since stopping the pill, but glad I'm not the only one!
    I'll get using the bicarb and see how that goes.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oooh good to hear, I was thinking about this the other day because I don't like using commercial skin products in general and my skin was a HUGE problem for me in the first trimester with DS. I was thinking that I need to find something natural for if/when I fall UTD for the next one, so I'll definitely give bicarb and manuka honey a shot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No probs. I've recently gone back to using Eryacne (prescription only, safe while ttc), and my blackheads are clearing up hugely now. I still use the bicarb and manuka though

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too use manuka honey for my face.Its fabulous.Its very effective for scares on the body

Thanks
    Reviews
    ME too..and I'm 38 go figure major oil slicks everywhere...very bad...

so i hope nobody will hail me down...and it really is bad for me to do this but so far so good(touch wood) i use the proactiv body bar it doesn;t have benzoyl in it its has salicic acid in it only... its has helped its not the cure all... but has helped...i use it on face but if you said that to the staff that sold it they would kill you... its $20.00 but I do think it is amazing.Its meant for body only... but when your desperate you'll do it...I tried bicarb and it back fired on me they got worse...To be 38 and have an oil slick like a teenager is just ridiculous..its not normal...i am thinking of buying the manuka....

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me my skin has been slightly better since coming off the pill! But I have always used face washes with Benzoyl peroxide and I find that really helps plus a gel I got from the doc I put on at night before my normal night cream called Eryacne 4% helps absorb the oil!