+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Immunisation & child care

I am beginning full time study on the 27th and have to enrol my 18 month old into daycare. She is quite behind with her immunisations though. Which I was told will stop centrelink from helping me out with paying for her child care. Just wondering how long I have to wait in between the needles? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You won't not get payments if you are registered as a conscientious objector as far as I'm aware. Pretty sure this applies if you delay as well as don't do altogether.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info! Do you know how long between her needles I have to wait?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not sure what you mean?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It usually means you aren't entitled to CCR or CCB until your child's immunization history is up to date.

If you decide not to vaccinate you can get a letter from your gp
    To forward to centerlink to update your status.

Depending on the immunisations I would guess the minimum time between needles would be 6-8 weeks.

I delayed DSs by around 3 months but never had a problem. You should become immediately eligible for assistance once they have their first lot of needles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    centrelink will drive you mad with this i know they did me. when my daughter was about 18mths we were way behind in out immunisations as over winter she was always sick so centrelink cut off my CCB without telling. i went to my GP got a letter saying why we were behind and that we were planning on catching up he even gave dates of when we were having certain immunisations and they still took more than 8 weeks to turn my CCB back on. Didnt affect my family allowance thank god otherwise we would have been homeless. also thankfully i use a small local day care service who were very understanding and happily waited for centrelink to get their act together. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!

also the daycare centre will require documenation of immunisation before they will accept enrolment some are very strict on this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was delayed. I just took a letter in that said why we skipped some and why she was late with some.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Centrelink cut off my DS's CCB because i hadn't got him immunised within a month of him turning 4.
    When i finally did get around to getting him done it was about a 2 week wait for the doctor to pass the details on to medicare, then for medicare to pass the details on to centrelink and have my ccb re-instated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You do not need a letter as such, the dr just needs to sign the objection form that you can print from the Medicare website.

Get that form signed ASAP as you only get paid from the dare on the objection form.