+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Darwin/Palmerston ladies- question

i have just moved to Woodroffe (2weeks ago) and am 36 weeks preg

i was going to the rdh for my antenatal appointments but after moving here and hubby not being able to take me (cant get time off work) i was just wondering if there is a medical centre here that can do them for me (needs to be bulk billing) and able to see me in the late afternoon (4 or 5pm)

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Not sure about any clinics but I can not complain with the car and service from the mid wives at rdh they are wonderful

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think arafura medical centre is in palmerston and I think they bulk bill. They are on that maluka street. Do you know where that is?

Oh and they are open late. Til 9pm or something like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    arafura don't bulk bill i went to them once and it cost me a fortune (you dont get much back from medicare) thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    Not sure about any clinics but I can not complain with the car and service from the mid wives at rdh they are wonderful
    they are really good there!! such a shame i cant get to them cos they are great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry. Their ad in the yellow pages says bulk billing available. The only other clinic I know that bulk bills is in karama. Sorry. Is the issue that you can't get time off work to go during the day? Your work should provide a decent amount of time off for antenatal appts, paid time off too. Sucks if they don't. I will ask a few of my friends in palmerston.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini85 View Post
    Sorry. Their ad in the yellow pages says bulk billing available. The only other clinic I know that bulk bills is in karama. Sorry. Is the issue that you can't get time off work to go during the day? Your work should provide a decent amount of time off for antenatal appts, paid time off too. Sucks if they don't. I will ask a few of my friends in palmerston.

i dont work atm. i don't drive (have my learners and working on getting p's soon) so dh has to take me but he is a high school teacher and cant get the time off work to take me during the day (short staffed at the school atm) and the latest appointment i can get at the hospital is 2.45pm. he gets home after 4pm, when he finishes everything he needs to do. hope that all makes sense (sorry if it doesnt)

thanks for your help

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh i forgot to say that bulk billing is available there but only for seniors (i asked about it last time and they laughed and said your not old enough, then went on to explain they only bulk bill seniors)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Palmeston Medical Centre (across from the hub, and next to Bahn Thai) bulk bill (number: 08 8932 5100), but I dont know about how they operate during pregnancy. If I were you I would call Farrar Health Precinct (this is where the well being baby clinic, some playgroups, and I think some antenatal care takes place). Contact number is: 08 8999 3344, I just called them yesterday to book DS's 18month needles in.

They have always been lovely, they are located only about 500metres from the bus depot, on the diagonal corner (across from k-mart tyre and auto).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rapid creek after hours medical clinic bulk bills. They are open from 6pm. Maybe you can call them later today and see If they do antenatal appts. Their phone number is 89853331. Otherwise the only other one I know is lyn Reid who works in rapid creek and humpty doo. But not sure what time she is open til.

Hope you work something out. Pity they don't have more docs in Palmerston.