+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Last tear we gave the kids a few small eggs then sent them to a kids Easter cupcake decorating class- it was a massive success- they loved it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How about gf/df cupcakes or cookies decorated to look like hot cross buns, bunnies, eggs? If you have a good recipe you all like at least you know it will turn out, and you can decorate them in easter themes to make them more exciting. Or a large cake in the shape of a bunny/bilby/egg?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    The frozen ones I got last year were actually just from Coles! But they were very pricey.

I can understand about not wanting to make them!! I'm so glad DDs having gluten again because it was so much more expensive and the recipes were fiddly as!!
    I'll check for them at coles when it's closer to it. DD has coeliac disease, so she has to be gluten free for life. At least we found out early so she is used to gf food because I know heaps of people who can't make the transition from wheat bread to gf bread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I live in hope that there will be hot cross buns available, but what I learnt last year is that the only chocolate (gluten free, vegan) that she will eat is a bunny I bought at a specialty shop, and she didn't even finish it.

This year she is getting 2 books, a small craft set, a movie, 1 bunny chocolate (think it was 40g) and maybe a new outfit. I was also thinking of getting a fish. We have the accessories, so just need fish and some food for him.

For others with kids who won't get chocolate, what do you do?

Also what do you have in place of hot cross buns?
    Sounds like what your doing is great. This is ds2's first Easter. Ds1 can eat chocolate but we are quite strict on the sugar content of foods in general so opted not to buy large quantities of choc for Easter, he gets 1 small egg only and we buy him pajamas or something else he needs/wants. We always encourage family members to do the same but our requests are ignored and he ends up with ridiculous quantities of chocolate which gets thrown out and the mil thinks we are cruel for not giving him a lot of sweet foods.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread has been great to get some ideas from. We are wheat, soy, nut and dairy free, with limited egg. So Easter will be pretty much a chocolate and hot cross bun free zone here. If it doesnt have dairy and/or wheat it usually has soy. . Time to think outside the box

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soy would be hard, it's a lot easier now to be gfdf but soy seems to be in sooo many things. I've always done book, dvd, set of clothes, and maybe craft or games.

Thanks
    Reviews
    where are you share a book?
    http://www.choicesglutenfree.com.au/ this place does gluten and dairy free hot cross buns. they also deliver to places in nsw, vic, qld & act. they have shops in mona vale, turramurra, bella vista and bondi.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maia View Post
    This thread has been great to get some ideas from. We are wheat, soy, nut and dairy free, with limited egg. So Easter will be pretty much a chocolate and hot cross bun free zone here. If it doesnt have dairy and/or wheat it usually has soy. . Time to think outside the box
    You poor thing. DD grew out of her wheat and soy intolerance at 18 months thankfully, now it's just egg and dairy. I have a recipe for home made chocolate (I use oat milk) MSG me if you'd like it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Plamil chocolate use sunflower lecthin and are vegan, they even do a sugar free one. We love it, or just raw chocolate has NOTHING bad in it!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe one of the excellent cooking Hubbers could make them for you and send them up? Are they less available because of your location? I can look around for eggs as I'm in based in Sydney??