+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 87
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,862
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked
    497
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Someone found me and read alllll my posts for almost two years without my knowledge.
    I saw her at least once a month too..
    It came out by accident when she mentioned something that she had no way of knowing.
    I was mortified and couldn't believe she didn't tell me. I felt horrible.
    She even said that she felt bad when she saw me because she knew at that moment that I was going through a really hard time and couldn't say anything... Ahhhh yeah cheers. Thanks for that.
    I'm sure she still reads along and that's fine. She doesn't have much of a life or many friends so if reading my posts bring her some sort of joy then so be it.
    I do however monitor what I say now as it was a horrible feeling that someone knew all my private thoughts without my permission and didn't tell me...
    That's a bit of a mean thing to say about no life etc though isn't it? I mean - if you put stuff on a public forum and enough of it that someone figures out who you are - isn't that your problem? She didn't hack the forum or anything - it was all there for the reading?

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    9,135
    Thanks
    3,609
    Thanked
    2,361
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mmm Hmm.

    And that's all I'm sayin'

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,041
    Thanks
    236
    Thanked
    525
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't found someone, but I have been found...not by an actual member here, but by someone who spent a lot of time tracking me down on several forums. A little sad really as I want nothing to do with this person, and made it abundantly clear, but they still feel the need to spend countless hours tracking me down and then telling everyone.
    Even worse is the fact that I'm an open person..I've said everything I've posted and plenty more IRL!

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningWithScissors For This Useful Post:

    BbBbBh  (08-02-2012),Pinkzy  (08-02-2012)

  5. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sautéed with bacon
    Posts
    6,070
    Thanks
    271
    Thanked
    2,695
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    That's a bit of a mean thing to say about no life etc though isn't it? I mean - if you put stuff on a public forum and enough of it that someone figures out who you are - isn't that your problem? She didn't hack the forum or anything - it was all there for the reading?
    It's not mean, it's the truth.
    Of course I know what I'm doing in regards to forums. I don't give a hoot who reads what.
    However, This girl was in my mothers group. My.mothers.group. We saw each other every week for almost a year and then at least once a month from then on.
    I went through somethingincredibly painful and heartbreaking and not once did she reach out to offer support or help. She just kept quiet, and read along for...what...? She even invited me around to her house knowing everything I had been through and personal details that she shouldn't have known. Itnwas confronting and I felt violated.
    I have seen her since and I am very civil and happy to remain in the group however I could never ever forge a proper friendship with someone who didn't have the strength to own up and offer their support.
    She probably still reads along.
    Last edited by faroutbrusselsprout; 08-02-2012 at 20:11.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

    Pinkzy  (08-02-2012)

  7. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,862
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked
    497
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    It's not mean, it's the truth.
    Of course I know what I'm doing in regards to forums. I don't give a hoot who reads what.
    However, This girl was in my mothers group. My.mothers.group. We saw each other every week for almost a year and then at least once a month from then on.
    I went through incredibly painful and heartbreaking and not once did she reach out to offer support or help. She just kept quiet, and read along for...what...?
    I have seen her since and I am very civil and happy to remain in the group however I could never ever forge a proper friendship with someone who didn't have the strength to own up and offer their support.
    She probably still reads along.
    Sure and look I have no idea what you are referring to in regards to your awful time - so sorry you had to go through a painful and heartbreaking experience... but now you are (possibly through such period), you aren't looking at it from her perspective, particularly as you claim she has no friends/life - that could indicate she is shy/reserved/unsure. What does she have to own up to? If you were openly discussing issues on a forum, but not IRL maybe she felt you didn't have the strength or didn't want her support? If you wanted her as a friend I guess you too could have opened up to her?

  8. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sautéed with bacon
    Posts
    6,070
    Thanks
    271
    Thanked
    2,695
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do see that and I admit maybe what I said was a bit harsh. She is very quiet and shy however I can never get past that feeling of such a prolonged amount of time going on with her knowing so much (and I do keep fairly anon.)
    It just went on too long for me to be able to see it all her from her point of view.
    I didnt feel comfortable opening up to her or anybody for that matter as it was so personal and I was humiliated and ashamed. BH was like my safe haven to vent,
    I would have just appreciated knowing that she had stumbled across me.
    I also have no idea what else she knows and who she may have told.
    Hence why I do censor some things now.
    Things are great now, wonderful in fact. Thanks.

  9. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    10,407
    Thanks
    398
    Thanked
    723
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes and I didn't tell her because she was using it as her space to go through her emotions that she wanted to keep private from those that know her IRL. I said nothing, don't stalk her and she really never posted that much in the end.
    I also want to stay fairly anon on here so outing her would be outing myself. We connect with far too many of the same people for me to feel comfortable outing myself on here to her.

    Oh and one that's really a bit freaky...I posted a pic on here a while back, not of my kids or anything and it showed the front path and a tiny bit of across the road in the pic. A BH member messaged me to say she lives in that house! Turns out she moved in once I moved out and my parents are her landlords. I have no idea what she looks like, and don't even remember her username anymore but that was really bizarre and no I don't stalk her.

    Another BH member, I realised that my parents and her parents were friends even though we'd never met. I told her and we met up and became friends too, even though we don't see each other all that much.
    Last edited by Areca; 08-02-2012 at 20:50.

  10. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    8,544
    Thanks
    1,351
    Thanked
    2,307
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have never found anyone I know. If I did I wouldn't tell them because it would make them feel awkward. If someone found me I would prefer they keep it to themselves ,I really don't want to know.i have divulged lots of personal stuff but I realize you take your chances on a public forum. I do like my privacy but if someone I know reads it , oh well that's life.

  11. #59
    headoverfeet's Avatar
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    18,954
    Thanks
    3,142
    Thanked
    4,892
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Not yet, but it's going to start happening when the people I went to school with start having children.
    Though one members hubby went to school with my DF.
    And I was able to determine where a hubber lived by being her fb friend. DF saw a bed shed truck parked out the front of a house in our street, he made comment about it to me as we had just got something from them too. Anyway, later that day this hubber had a fb status about bed shed. So I asked her and sure enough we are almost neighbours and our eldest children are at school together this year
    That would be mee

    *back to read the rest of the thread!*

    eta I've never come across anyone I already know IRL, am lucky enough to live up the road from B&B though
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 08-02-2012 at 21:43.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

    Guest1234  (08-02-2012)

  13. #60
    bellalika's Avatar
    bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    4,491
    Thanks
    175
    Thanked
    717
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyandbubby View Post
    what does that mean (sorry if thats a silly question)
    Ha! Just realised the toddler must have had my phone. Sorry all!


 
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sort of spin off - getting your license
    By Mod-Myztik in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22-02-2012, 15:11
  2. *SORT OF SPIN OFF* Hey DiamondEyes....
    By SpecialPatrolGroup in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 19:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Softer than your bub's bum Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Australia's favourite eco brand has delivered a gorgeous baby collection. Made from organic bamboo, Boody's extraordinarily soft and stretchy, skin-friendly tops, bottoms, onesies, bibs and wraps don't 'cost the earth'. Get 20% OFF! Code BUBHUB16.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Shapland Swim Schools
Semi private learn to swim classes for a maximum of 3 children in specialized heated teaching pools. Our swim schools are located across Brisbane, Ipswich and the Sunshine Coast, ensuring there's a school near you.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!