+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wow, that's a lot of visits! I'm definitely not that popular or sought after, so take it as a compliment Sludgenestor!

It intrigues me more than anything, I used to fret about what people were doing there, especially when someone appeared there that had not long slayed me in a thread (and no pm), but now I just take the easy going, everyone means well approach and hope for the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post

It's a bit like if I knocked on a friend's door and saw them naked through the window. I wouldn't tell them, and would pretend not to have seen, to spare any embarrassment. I'd hope they would do the same for me!
    That's kind of why I would want to be told. See for me, bubhub is like living sonewhere where I have no friends and know nobody and so don't really worry about occasionally walking around the house naked, as I'm pretty sure noone will pop round. But if a friend moved into the neighbourhood and recognised my house I'd love her to say 'hi I live here too, fancy that!' so I could make a mental note to never walk around naked anymore.

If someone told me they recognised me and then recounted specific posts and info I'd said, that would seem weird to me. But just saying 'hi! I know you!' would be appreciated.

In saying that, there's a big difference between an acquaintance who you don't really know and and a friend or colleague. It might be awkward with just an acquaintance. And I only think its stalkerish if you actually stalk them.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

faroutbrusselsprout  (08-02-2012),share a book  (08-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry TheSlugestionator, I can't edit my post with the correct spelling of your username.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    ETA: Look at all the people who 'visit' your profile page, you never really know why they have visited, (unless they have pm'd you or something) but if it's someone you don't generally interact with on here, I am sure it doesn't automatically mean they're 'stalking' so to speak and you never really know why they have visited your page in the first place.
    Most of the time when I visit a profile its because I accidentally clicked on their name instead of opening up a thread or because my ipad stupidly clicked on a name when I was just trying to scroll.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

tootiredtosleep  (08-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSudgestionator View Post
    Seriously that list freaks me out (but i love having it there BH dont delete it

441 visits
    I have only interated with 5 of the 15 I can see.

does that mean everyone is stalking me? Id love to know!

I found one person on her once that I knew in RL but I told them and they changed their user name and now i can find them lol.

I would like the same curtiosy if someone in RL found me.

This is my only unsensored vent place.

it is a great venting place hey! ive had 59 or something views on my profile and the 15 names that i see, i have only interacted with max 3 people (people who comment on my posts)

i think after venting about things you cant normally talk about with people irl (either because its akward, too personal, you dont have anyone you can talk too or fear of being judged) it would be weird and uncomfortable knowing that all along people you know irl have been reading things you are typing, personal things that you cant share with them because of numerous reasons.

it would be uncomfortable but it would be better to know than not.

if someone does know me on here, they dont have to divuldge who they are irl but i'd like tham to tell me that they know me. (chances are i wont be able to figure out who they are anyway)

woa, long post... sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not yet, but it's going to start happening when the people I went to school with start having children.
    Though one members hubby went to school with my DF.
    And I was able to determine where a hubber lived by being her fb friend. DF saw a bed shed truck parked out the front of a house in our street, he made comment about it to me as we had just got something from them too. Anyway, later that day this hubber had a fb status about bed shed. So I asked her and sure enough we are almost neighbours and our eldest children are at school together this year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm with all the others who'd like it to be made known that they were 'known'.

...Creepy otherwise!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HELPihavea2yrold! View Post
    Yep. Another BHer found me IRL. She recognized my car from a thread and saw my DS name on drink bottle I was carrying (pretty unique spelling) and came up for a chat. She wasn't a creepy stalker either, she's very nice on BH and IRL.

Some people are like slinkies. Useless but still give you a laugh when you push them down a flight of stairs

*wipes brow*
    Glad you put in I'm not a creepy stalker LOL. I certainly sound like it lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yeah I know of at least one person who knows me irl who is also on bubhub,

I dont say anything here that I wouldnt admit to irl so its not worrying at all

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hgyt

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bellalika For This Useful Post:

rainbow road  (08-02-2012),Stiflers Mom  (08-02-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast