+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If someone I knew IRL found me on here then I would rather they DIDN'T tell me, as I'd be very embarrassed about it!

I never post anything too personal, so it's not that there's too much info out there, but I would prefer not to know if someone suspected who I was.

I did meet someone IRL who was on here, but I didn't tell her. I didn't know her very well, and she was someone I met at a coffee catch-up after a mum and babies exercise class. We'd met a few times after that class, but then she stopped going. Her baby had quite a distinctive name, and she posted on here about the class she attended (luckily she didn't say she hated the women who went, or anything like that...)

I saw on here that there had been personal things going on in her life, which I assume is why she stopped going to the class. If I knew her better I would probably still not have told her. I think it would be quite creepy, and an invasion of privacy.

It's a bit like if I knocked on a friend's door and saw them naked through the window. I wouldn't tell them, and would pretend not to have seen, to spare any embarrassment. I'd hope they would do the same for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am concerned that people are implying that because you don't divulge to someone you know is on here, you may/must be stalking them .

I have never stalked anyone in my life and never would, the reason I haven't divulged to the lady I know on here is for that very reason. I would hate her to think that I have read all her posts and be on here and second guess her posts, change her writing in the 'fear' that she has someone she 'knows' reading her posts.

I have only ever read 2 of her posts as they appeared in the new posts section and I recognised her childrens names. I know her in real life, but we don't have each other on facebook, we are mere acquaintances. If it were a friend, then I would have no hesitation in telling her as I know a friend would know me, know my intentions and know that I am far from stalkerish!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Nope, i thought i did once, though. A BHer (haven't seen her around in ages) had the same first name, lived in a similar area, had the same job and was due the same month as a friend of mine! I pm'ed her but it wasn't who i thought

I *did* find my boss on a UK forum when I was nannying. I found her because she was saying nice things about me *blushes* but i left the forum after that because she posted a few personal things I'm sure she wouldn't want me knowing.

I am about 99% certain that people from IRL know who i am in here. I come across looooads of new mums in my job, and I've never kept my job a secret here or even where I work, so it would make sense. Doesn't bother me, I never say anything here that I wouldn't want anyone knowing. It'd be cool to find out if someone has spotted me though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    ETA: Look at all the people who 'visit' your profile page, you never really know why they have visited, (unless they have pm'd you or something) but if it's someone you don't generally interact with on here, I am sure it doesn't automatically mean they're 'stalking' so to speak and you never really know why they have visited your page in the first place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    ETA: Look at all the people who 'visit' your profile page, you never really know why they have visited, (unless they have pm'd you or something) but if it's someone you don't generally interact with on here, I am sure it doesn't automatically mean they're 'stalking' so to speak and you never really know why they have visited your page in the first place.
    I visit lots of profiles, but my big fingers sometimes touch the name of the OP or the last person to post instead of the thread. I use the mobile, not a computer and it's all touch screen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't know anyone on here IRL....that i know of. I do know a girl i went to school, who i'm friends on FB with uses BH, but i've no idea what her username is. If i came across her i'd say hi though, and i'm sure she would too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I visit lots of profiles, but my big fingers sometimes touch the name of the OP or the last person to post instead of the thread. I use the mobile, not a computer and it's all touch screen.
    Exactly, noone knows why/or how someone comes to visit a profile page unless of course you're told or it's a pm or something like that. Not eveything has to have underlying sinister motives, the same with divulging whether you know someone IRL, it doesn't automatically mean something is dodgy or creepy. That's not say that everyone on here is genuine, as we are all too well sadly aware that is not always the case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. Another BHer found me IRL. She recognized my car from a thread and saw my DS name on drink bottle I was carrying (pretty unique spelling) and came up for a chat. She wasn't a creepy stalker either, she's very nice on BH and IRL.

Some people are like slinkies. Useless but still give you a laugh when you push them down a flight of stairs

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    Seriously that list freaks me out (but i love having it there BH dont delete it

441 visits
    I have only interated with 5 of the 15 I can see.

does that mean everyone is stalking me? Id love to know!

I found one person on her once that I knew in RL but I told them and they changed their user name and now i can find them lol.

I would like the same curtiosy if someone in RL found me.

This is my only unsensored vent place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't find her, if she hadn't of messaged me I would have had no clue she was even a member, but yes I know a person on here that I know of IRL.

I have had over 800 views on my profile, I have no idea who some of the members are, but I don't really get weirded out by it. Usually when I visit other members profiles it's because i'm searching for an old thread they started/posted in or because I want to contact them.