+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If my person is reading this now, then let this be a reminder of our conversation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    I haven't, but if someone recognised me I'd really like it if they told me.
    Yes me too. Recently I was chatting to a friend, and I never mention BH's name, I just say 'my forum' but my friend goes Oh is that BH, I've read that before. Anyway she was begging me to tell her my name so I told get what my old username was and she said she remembers reading that name. I don't mind, I haven't said much I wouldn't say IRL. Another good friend is thinking about joining too. I encouraged her and dared her to work out who I am lol. However, I would hate to think someone is stalking me via BH. That's creepy.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

faroutbrusselsprout  (08-02-2012),NancyBlackett  (08-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of my best friends is on here, but we're generally posting in different sections. I don't mind that she knows what I say on here, and I think she thinks the same (I hope).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No, but I have recognised 2 from here. I recognised 1 because her kids had very unusual names and the names and ages matched up, then she came on here to vent about something that happened at the shop and I thought it would be creepy to come in and announce I was witness to it as well. The other one I recognised because (now this will seem stalkerish) I noticed the mum putting an adorable, smily boy in the carseat then realised the type of car, type of carseat, school the other kids attended, it must be her. I remember things, an in particular took notice of the school as I looked to move mine there, and the car because I want one lol.

So not people I know as such, but people I have recognised based on info that was either shared in threads or added to signatures.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I haven't but if i did i would tell them.
    If anyone recognised me i would hope they would let me know. The thought of someone who knows me irl reading my posts, knowing it's me but not saying anything creeps me out.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (08-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My best friend is on here (she introduced me to bubhub) but she doesn't post much or if she does I think it's in her DIG/birth group. I've only seen her in the general parenting section a few times. I have told her I recognised her on here though so she knows I know. I think it's courteous to do that.

I have recognised a few hubbers on Facebook though when they post on the bubhub page or other parenting pages. Usually from their avatar or a photo from a reveal thread. If that happens I usually ignore it though but it does remind me that people might recognise you on facebook so if someone were a creepy stalker I guess they could use that to stalk you.

No one is interested in stalking me though im sure!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't get why people that you do know wouldn't let you know that they found you.

When i found the person i know i had to send her a msg... i hardly see any of her posts but at the same time have commented on one post that she created as i was going through the same issue.

People must really have no lives if they have nothing better to do then 'stalk' 2 years of posts!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No one I know IRL is on BH but I'm quite young and none of my circle of friends are even close to having babies yet. I'm sure they'll crop up one day and I would let them know just in case.

If someone knew who I was, I'd want them to tell me.

Often someone's sig will *almost* match up with my aunt or SIL and I'll wonder if it's them, but so far I haven't made any connections.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have not found anyone irl on here.

if someone had found me on here i'd really like to know. if i found someone on here i would tell them, i think it's polite to let people know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I discovered last week I know someone on here. We live in a small town and I used to work with her XDP. She has posted some stuff about her relationship to which I have commented on but would never actually say who I am or tell anyone anything she has posted.