+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default *sort of spin off* Have you found a hub member you know in real life?

After reading all the terrible threads about a member having her privacy breeched by a maybe/maybe not member, it got me thinking about people in real life that I may come across on here, or what would happen if someone found me.

I have found a member I know... I went to school with her, she is on my FB. I know it is her because part of her daughters name is used in her user name, and her avetar is a picture of both her children - a picture I have seen on FB.
    I thought about PMing her and saying HEY!! IM HERE TOO but decided against it because a) we choose user names to keep ourselves private, if we wanted people to know who we are, we would use our real names like on FB and b) like I said she is on my FB so could easily message her there instead and it would be less creepy

I would in no way shape or form EVER use anything she says against her in any situation. In fact, I try my best to stay away from threads that she has posted and/or commented in. She mainly posts in the parenting area and I have no children so have no need to go into these area's. If I do come across a post of hers in a generalised thread area, I do not respond nor quote or even post in that thread because I respect her privacy - as I would expect anyone who found me from real life to do also.

So what do you do/have you done if you have come across someone from real life? Has anyone ever found you? If so what have they done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have found someone I know, but I don't really see her on here much. I didn't let her know, but only because I didn't want her working out who I was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, only one though we went to high school together & friends on fb and knew it was her as she had the same photo as on fb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have had the same thing happen, I realised that someone I knew IRL is on here too, however the other person posts in one specific area which is not at all relevant to me, so I don't really see her posts. I also choose not see them regardless, as I kind of think it would be 'invading' her 'privacy' so to speak and hence why i would never divulge to her that I know she's on here and vice versa.

I don't have her on Facebook either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Someone found me and read alllll my posts for almost two years without my knowledge.
    I saw her at least once a month too..
    It came out by accident when she mentioned something that she had no way of knowing.
    I was mortified and couldn't believe she didn't tell me. I felt horrible.
    She even said that she felt bad when she saw me because she knew at that moment that I was going through a really hard time and couldn't say anything... Ahhhh yeah cheers. Thanks for that.
    I'm sure she still reads along and that's fine. She doesn't have much of a life or many friends so if reading my posts bring her some sort of joy then so be it.
    I do however monitor what I say now as it was a horrible feeling that someone knew all my private thoughts without my permission and didn't tell me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    If they were on my fb as well then I'd message through there saying 'hi, are you on bubhub at all? Because I thought I recognised you on there. Just wanted to say hi!' or something similar so they knew they were known on there and could censor stuff accordingly.

If someone here knew me I'd want to know so I was careful not to post anything too embarrassing. If you want to stay anonnymous yourself then you can let them know IRL that you've 'seen' them on bubhub without divulging your own username.

It is an awkward one.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

faroutbrusselsprout  (08-02-2012),LoveLivesHere  (08-02-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i have no doubt people stalk me on here.

kinda sad really. but whatevs.

i have come across someone i knew from school on here, but she barely posted and only in a specific section, i told her as soon as i realised.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I've discovered one couple that I know through a friend but they didn't say anything embarrassing or overly personal and I have and would never use anything that people say on a forum against them, especially when it comes to something as serious as their career.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't, but if someone recognised me I'd really like it if they told me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

faroutbrusselsprout  (08-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never had anyone come out and tell me they know who I am. I doubt anyone would be it is still a possibility.

I have found someone IRL on here and I let her know ASAP. Doesn't worry us either I don't think.

I have my best friend on here aswell (which I encouraged her to join) but she knows all my feelings, secrets, life etc. so that's fine if she sees what I post about.