+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default chromosomal testing on miscarried ivf bubbas

Hi girls, I have asked this on another forum but I guess some of you might know something more here. I lost triplets at 10 weeks and I was told after a curette they would send them away for testing. They suspect chromosomal issues but I was having thyroid troubles and I am convinced it was the cause.

Originally i was told it would be 10 days for the results to come back but after 12 days I started chasing up for the reults only to be told it takes 3 months???

Does anyone know anything about it? and if you have had something like this done, what were your results??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to give you lots of

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Copy & Paste from your other thread. xx

Hi Dextersmum

With my first D&C I had my results at the 6 week check up. They were all normal.

With my recent D&C. Well I'm assuming I'll get them at my 6 week check up too. I know FS had testing done because I got a $300 bill from the pathology place. I didn't know he was sending it (god I hate calling my pregnancy an it) away for testing.

Added - I guess it depends on what they are testing for? Your FS might have something specific that isn't in the "standard" testing that he/she is looking for and that may take 3 months? Maybe ring and ask your FS how come it's 3 months?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I too got mine at my 6week check up after my D&C

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lost my bub at 10weeks and was due to a chromosome problem.. We found out that it was turners syndrome and apparently only girls get at syndrome. That was another heart reaching thing to here that it was a little girl.. The little girl that I have always dreamed of good luck I hope you get your answers x

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh dextersmum, i'm sorry to hear about your loss. i remember you from the aug expecting thread too. i dont know anything tho to help you with your question though, sorry. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dexterstmum, I'm so sorry for your loss. I have had 2 D&C's and have had the 'contents of conception' as they call them sent for karyotyping both times. The 1st showed a normal female karyotype (which they called an inconclusive result as could be maternal or fetal tissue). My 2nd showed another female karyotype but this time with clear abnormalities (incorrect copies of chromosomes 13 and 22). Both times the results were available within a couple of weeks of testing. I hope you get some answers soon that will enable you to move on when you are ready. Also I have never been billed for this testing.
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 11-02-2012 at 16:55. Reason: add info

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi Dextersmum, when I lost my bub in 2008 (19wks), we had some blood sent off for karotyping, both his and ours. Took about 6-8 weeks to get the results.
    HOWEVER... there is a more rapid process that can be done (I know this because we have had it done on bubs at work when they are struggling to get a diagnosis for abnormalities they are born with) and it takes only a couple of days...but it's not as accurate and only does an overview of chromosomes rather than a full analysis if that makes sense. So the one I am thinking of we got results in about 48hrs saying the baby had a normal karotype of XX, however a week or so later the detailed results were back (would have been longer but they were fairly urgent to get a treatment plan for this bub) and we found out she had a rare deletion in one of her chromosomes.
    Does sound like your thyroid might be an issue though, and it can definitely cause miscarriage unfortunately. Hope you get some answers soon and can have another successful cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies. I am sorry for your losses. I never fully understood the sadness of a loss until now I have experienced my own.
    I am still waiting to hear the results. I go back to the dr next friday, which will be 6 weeks so hopefully he will have some news for then.

Somewhereovertherainbow I do wonder if they did a basic test and got the 'rapid' result you mention, and perhaps found something which have then sent of for more extensive testing???
    Also for anyone can I just ask what your first period was like after the currette?
    I think I have just had one. Its been 4 weeks and I normally have a very regular cyce but have not expected this.

Curette was 19th Jan but I started spotting on the 11th Feb, just browny stuff, I thought it was just from DTD, sorry for TMI but am still going now but have no lovely bright blood, just brown and pasty with the occasional like seepy fluid. I have only had to wear a liner but changing it a couple times a day. Does this sound like it could be my period?