+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had to LOL at some of your posts LuLu as its happening here too! I used to be able to BF the toddler back to sleep and it was great! But now she has a feed and just literally goes POP out of bed for the day!

I was thinking of the clock idea too - that could be good with maybe a rewards chart? We are all in the same room too - with a combo of a side car cot, a mattress and a bed - but no real option to move her into her room...

I think try say any changes to sleep times need to happen over a couple of weeks - how long did you try the later bed time? I found it didnt make a difference either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg this is my dilemma at the moment too (DH sleeps through it). I need it sorted before new bub arrives in June. We started putting our dd (3 1/2) to bed at 6/6.30pm. She dropped her day sleep was t lasting to 7pm. She has been asking at 5 for some time eve before bedtime sleep changed. Now we put her back to bed after going to toilet (fully tt) if it's earlier than 6. I tell her it's the middle of the night. I need to get a gro clock apparently they help. We also have talking books in her room so we put one on if she appears wide awake. We do get tears and tantrums on occasion and am at a loss most days. It's good to know I am not alone. So tired and working!

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought 4:30 was bad, well today it's 3:30 and she's been up for 1 1/2 hours screaming in her bedroom for milk.

A child waking this early is overtired - now I'm out for the morning - she's going to be a total riot...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabushkaMumma View Post
    I thought 4:30 was bad, well today it's 3:30 and she's been up for 1 1/2 hours screaming in her bedroom for milk.

A child waking this early is overtired - now I'm out for the morning - she's going to be a total riot...
    Oh god! Hugs! You poor things. Breathe!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    Omg this is my dilemma at the moment too (DH sleeps through it). I need it sorted before new bub arrives in June. We started putting our dd (3 1/2) to bed at 6/6.30pm. She dropped her day sleep was t lasting to 7pm. She has been asking at 5 for some time eve before bedtime sleep changed. Now we put her back to bed after going to toilet (fully tt) if it's earlier than 6. I tell her it's the middle of the night. I need to get a gro clock apparently they help. We also have talking books in her room so we put one on if she appears wide awake. We do get tears and tantrums on occasion and am at a loss most days. It's good to know I am not alone. So tired and working!
    Yeah we've got the grow clock. To be honest I don't think it helps but perhaps we've not make enough of a fuss with rewards etc

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lulululu For This Useful Post:

hopefully2  (09-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lulululu View Post
    Oh god! Hugs! You poor things. Breathe!
    I just hope my littlest doesn't pick up these terrible habits!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had to LOL at some of your posts LuLu as its happening here too! I used to be able to BF the toddler back to sleep and it was great! But now she has a feed and just literally goes POP out of bed for the day!

I was thinking of the clock idea too - that could be good with maybe a rewards chart? We are all in the same room too - with a combo of a side car cot, a mattress and a bed - but no real option to move her into her room...

I think try say any changes to sleep times need to happen over a couple of weeks - how long did you try the later bed time? I found it didnt make a difference either
    I only tried for a night or two. When ds2 stayed up later but still woke at 5 on the dot. I figured persisting only risked making the later bedtime a habit without equating to a later wake time.
    We are going to try the clock and rewards chart, in fact ds1 got his first sticker today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well Lulu, please let Us know how it goes!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just hope my littlest doesn't pick up these terrible habits!!!!
    In our case it's the eldest picking up the bad habits from his little brother! Our firstborn slept through the night from two and a half months until almost 3yo - when his little brother was six months old. We went overseas and the eldest had his first ever sleepover with his cousins then started day care when we got home. So a few things happened/changed and suddenly our perfect sleeper was waking 12 times a night! He generally only wakes once now, a year later, but sometimes more - sometimes many more
    It was a real shock to go from having had over two years of bub sleeping through the night, to one then two waking hourly (they'd wake every two hours in average but of course they did alternate hours!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    Gosh I imagine it's even more stressful having a deadline. No more babies for us so at least we know this is the status quo. Are yours going to share a room?