+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Due date confusion

Hi ladies I need some advice re: estimated due date. A scan I had at 5w 4d gave me an edd of 8.7.12. My 12w scan gave me an edd of 2.7.12. My LMP was 27.9.11 with average cycle of 37 days. How can I calculate my correct due date? I'm so confused. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The earlier scan will be the most accurate date for edd

Bfp!!! Little bug due 25/6/12

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep as pp the earlier date is the more accurate.

My 12 week scan put my due date 6 days further along then my 6w5d dating scan did. The sonographer said to go with the earlier scan and so did my OB
    I had a scan at 13w6d and it put my due date back to the earlier date!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got given three different due dates, have gone back to the original (and latest!) one now. As said before, it seems to be pretty common, but my understanding s that as long as they are all within about a week of each other, it does not really matter, and does not indicated anything bad. They seem to go with the initial dating scan as the most accurate one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    By lmp my edd was 16-7
    My 9 week dating had me at 18-7
    My nt scan had me at 17-7

Both gp and OB are happy with 16-7

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubs is now 5-6 days behind in growth but still get told to go by the original EDD I was given at the first scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! I have an ob appointment next week to work out my due date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am actually confused about this too. According to my LMP my bubba should be due about 1.5.12. When I had a dating scan at 8 weeks, baby was measuring at 7 weeks, which gave me the due date of 7.5.12. The lady doing the scan said give or take 5 days though. Each check up I have had since, I have been measuring one week ahead, so wouldn't it make sense to go off the due date according to my LMP. But they are still going by the later date given at the dating scan. What happens if my bubba doesn't come on the later date, does that mean she would actually already be 1 week overdue?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I would also give the one that gives you the most time. You don't want to be induced because they think you are overdue when you really aren't.

I knew exact due date with my son, and stuck to it, despite them giving me a different date. Lucky, as my son was born at 40+6 and if I had've used their date, I probably would've been induced rather than my son coming in his own time.