+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is it ok to feed my 9 month old "Step 1" formula?

Hi guys My DD is 9 months old and has the Nan H.A. Pro Step 2 formula, but most of our local shops seem to be having supply issues with it at the moment! So for the last approx. ten days she has been having step 1. Is it ok to just keep continuing with the step 1 formula? My DS was fully BF so I have no idea about all the FF mumbo jumbo!

Thank you in advance!! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i think the main difference is the iron content

if a short term thing then should be fine also FF is not mumbo jumbo its a choice a lot of us make

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ohdear View Post
    if a short term thing then should be fine also FF is not mumbo jumbo its a choice a lot of us make
    What I meant by "Mumbo jumbo" was, I'm not sure of the ins and outs of it. I FF my DD, it was a choice I had to make

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS was on stage 1 till he was 14 months old! He wouldn't take stage 2 or 3 formula, and it was only as we slowly switch him to cow's milk that he stopped having it. Didn't do him any harm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for your replies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If your DD is already on solids then it's no issue at all, as she would/should be getting the extra iron required from food anyway.

I have a study paper given to me by the Paed recently (I've unfortunately had to wean from b/f to prescription FF due to allergies) that states this in more detail. Basically in their opinion the Step 2 & 3 are a waste of money and a ploy by the FF companies to sell more, providing your LO is eating a variety of solids of course.

If you need a copy of the paper then let me know and I'll try to attach link

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=ohdear;6365040 also FF is not mumbo jumbo its a choice a lot of us make[/QUOTE]

i think the op was meaning the step1/2/3 and all the different brands/types of formula was confusing not knocking bottlefeeding.

when i looked at getting a bit of formula for DS in case he needed it when i went back to work, the nurse i talked to at the chemist said the stage one stuff was fine (i only wanted to get a few poppers/sachets cause he was 11 months onld and planning to give him cows milk soon while at work)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Basically in their opinion the Step 2 & 3 are a waste of money and a ploy by the FF companies to sell more,
    and because you are not allowed to advertise formula from birth

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopoke View Post
    i think the op was meaning the step1/2/3 and all the different brands/types of formula was confusing not knocking bottlefeeding.
    That is exactly what I meant Mopoke

Thank you all, you have been very helpful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it's fine... i've only just started the A2 milk change over last weekend and DS is almost 15mths... He rejected the stage 2 formula when i tried and it took 9-10 from birth formulas until he really drank so i wasn't going through that again.