+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Poo in MCNs...

DD is on Neocate formula so with that comes pretty unpleasant poop! Quite a strong smell and very dark. It resembles meconium lol!

So my question is, what should I do with the MCN when she poops? It soaks into the insert, do I need to wash them out immediately? Today is my first day using MCNs and I rinsed it out in the laundry straight away. Tomorrow I'm going to use liners and see if that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Shameless bump.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I use microfleece liners. It cost me $6 a metre from spotlight and made heaps of liners. They also get thrown in the nappy bucket and washed. If its particularly bad I just throw the liner out.

**** I can spell, honestly! It's my iPhone's fault ****

4. The Following User Says Thank You to giveitago For This Useful Post:

Cue  (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm hopefully the liner helps. I'm a bit concerned the nappies will be stained badly really quickly. I'll wash the poo nappy tomorrow, fingers crossed it comes up ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS is also on Neocate.. it stinks hey lol!

I use mcn's with flushable liners. It still goes through on to the nappy and insert but i haven't had any stains that i can't get rid of. I just dry pail them and put them through the wash. Now and then they will come out with a bit of a stain but a few hours in the sun gets rid of them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tasha74 View Post
    DS is also on Neocate.. it stinks hey lol!

I use mcn's with flushable liners. It still goes through on to the nappy and insert but i haven't had any stains that i can't get rid of. I just dry pail them and put them through the wash. Now and then they will come out with a bit of a stain but a few hours in the sun gets rid of them
    It sure does stink!!! I can smell it from across the room when she poops!

Reeeeally stupid question - can you please explain exactly what dry pailing is? Do you mean you just take the nappy off and chuck it in a bucket without rinsing or anything like that? Just let it sit in there until it gets washed? Seems feasible for wet nappies but I'm worried about the poo ones sitting there...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Flushable liners are really good, good rinse, dry pail, pre wash rinse, wash and line dry. Any persistent stains just leave out in the sun another day. The sun is amazing on stains

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use the hose attachment in my laundry sink to hose off both the nappy and the insert. I then pop them both into a soapy bucket of napisan and keep them all in there for a day or so because I usually do nappy washes every second day. I know everyone says to dry pail, but I prefer to get the soaker working and it's how mum used to do it and we all turned out fine oh and my MCNs are doing good too, been using them non stop for 8 months now and there's not a thing wrong with them from soaking....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jeez I'm getting a bit concerned about the work involved, I didn't really think about the poopy nappies before committing to MCNs! The formula she's on really doesn't help matters.

Since her poo is kind of like slightly runny tar (yeah nice!) I think I'll need to use liners and rinse the nappies before putting in the bucket. Maybe one of those squirters is a good idea. Do I need to rinse until it's all out or just to get the majority of it out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ds did sticky runny poo til just recently, i hot rinse all nappies straight away then dry pail them in a bucket with a lid, i was every 2-3 days with ds's and if theyre over smelly i'll hot wash but generally i cold wash them, sun takes care of stains

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub