+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Kids liquid mutlivitamin in food????

So my dd2 needs multivitamins due to a nearly non-exsistent appetite.

So i got a liquid multivitamin with iron & figured i would put it in her bottles with her lactose free milk.

Backfired - it smells horrible - it smells excatly like an adult iron tablet & assume it tasted the same as she wouldnt drink it.

So my question is , mixing the liquid into her dinner, or what ever food she eats - would tgat still work??

Also if im cooking spag bowl, would it be bad to add the liquid while still cooking? Or should i wait & mix it in once its in their bowls??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am meant to be giving this to DS also due to him just not liking food. He only has one bottle before bed but will eat fruit during the day, can you make your dd a fruit smoothy? Other ways I have got it into DS is to syringe it in like panadol! Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smootch View Post
    I am meant to be giving this to DS also due to him just not liking food. He only has one bottle before bed but will eat fruit during the day, can you make your dd a fruit smoothy? Other ways I have got it into DS is to syringe it in like panadol! Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea she doesnt like smoothies, Not sure why, guess she just likes everything seperate ??

Yea mines a fussy eater - eats fruits & some veg, but only eats sausages & small bit of mince.

Not big on junk food either.
    Which is great she likes healthy food, but she just doesnt eat enough of it & lacks in so much.

Guess il just try mixing it in foods. Thou just opening the lid u get tge awful iron smell, so not sure how well its going to work

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could never get it into my child either - I was so ****ed at the dietician to be honest. I went to her with a similar extreme fussiness that you describe and she prescribed the same. I was like - um have you listened I anything I just said - she won't eat anything or try anything but these 7 foods. How the hell do you think she will drink this awful smelling foul tasting vitamin stuff? If she would drink a
    Smoothie or oj then we wouldnt be in this situation huh! Then she suggested the gummy bear type lollies - again she isn't about to start eating those!

Anyway - two years on - she is still fussy but getting much much better. Now we have about 20 things on list including fruit and those gummy bear multivitamins on a good day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    I could never get it into my child either - I was so ****ed at the dietician to be honest. I went to her with a similar extreme fussiness that you describe and she prescribed the same. I was like - um have you listened I anything I just said - she won't eat anything or try anything but these 7 foods. How the hell do you think she will drink this awful smelling foul tasting vitamin stuff? If she would drink a
    Smoothie or oj then we wouldnt be in this situation huh! Then she suggested the gummy bear type lollies - again she isn't about to start eating those!

Anyway - two years on - she is still fussy but getting much much better. Now we have about 20 things on list including fruit and those gummy bear multivitamins on a good day.
    Yea we went to our chemist & they have yhe gummy bear ones open to try, & she completely screwed her face up .

If i knew that the iron taste was going to be that stromh i would have got one with out iron.

So far im just putting tiny drops on every bottle.... So shel grt the dosage by tge end of the day.

Hopefully this works.

Now to figure out how to get my other dd to take it