+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    A few that i like are...
    'Of Marriagable Age' Sharon Maas
    'The Hawk and the Dove' the trilogy, by Penelope Wilcock
    Wish I could google my brain, I can't remember any more, but there are so many good books.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I Agree with a pp, Room is an amazing book. Twenties girl by Sophie Kinsella is good. Anything by Marion Keyes. Sushi for beginners, watermelon, that charming man, the other side of the story, They are all great. I would recomend Virgina Andrews. She writes family sagas. Flowers in the attic is a good series to start with. If you like a bit of a mystery you can't go past Sophie Hannah. For a raunchy modern day Jackie Collins try Louise Bagshawe. I loved career girls. There are so many good books out there I could go on all day ! Just one more though Josephine Cox if you like books set in the early 1900,s. I like an easy but enjoyable read and these authors hit the spot for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anything by James Patterson means I ring go ti sleep until I finish the book or fall asleep trying ti finish it.
    Anything by Marian keyes, Kathy Lette is great if you have a bit of s crude sense of humor. Other authors i like: Rebbeca chance, Tilly bagshawe, paulina Simmons, Jill mansell, Virginia Andrews ( although a lot of her series start to found the same) . There is a book called ' goodnight beautiful ' which is brilliant but I have drawn a blank as to who the author is and I have just packed my books today. I could go on forever , hence it took seven large boxes to pack my books today and I borrow about 6 books a month from the library.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mums2be View Post
    I know. I will be seeing it :-)
    It's the week after my birthday so it's an awesome present
    Yeh it comes out ON my daughter's birthday so I'm taking her to see it....so I've been told

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HappinessQuest View Post
    I haven't read any books lately, but did buy Sister at the airport to read ( never got around to it ) I'm assuming because you mentioned it Chamelon it's a good read?
    I liked it The ending was unexpected though and I didn't like it, but a friend read it and loved the ending...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clan of the cave bears series - Jean M Auel
    The passage - Justin Cronine
    Obertwyn series - Isobelle Carmondy
    Perssimon Tree - Bryce Courtney
    The Courtneys Series - Wilbur Smith
    The Egyptian Series - Wilbur Smith
    My Sisters Keeper - Jodi Picoult
    Hunger Games Series - Suzanne Collins

Heaps, Heaps more..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try The Midwifes Confession and anything by Cathy glass.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I liked The Slap but found that the word C**T was used a bit too often and I have a mouth like a sailor. I searched it on my Kobo to see how many times it appeared in the book and seven pages of instances came up...lol.

The Help is an awesome book and I really liked the new Stephen King one called 11.22.63 (I think). I love old Stephen King but haven't liked much of his new stuff until this one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben&Jake&SamanthasMum View Post
    I liked The Slap but found that the word C**T was used a bit too often and I have a mouth like a sailor. I searched it on my Kobo to see how many times it appeared in the book and seven pages of instances came up...lol.

The Help is an awesome book and I really liked the new Stephen King one called 11.22.63 (I think). I love old Stephen King but haven't liked much of his new stuff until this one.
    Yeah me too - I may live a sheltered life but I didn't like that critics said it was supposedly representative of middle class Australia. I don't know many people that fit with those characters... And none of them (from the book version) are particularly likeable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the shopaholic series! Have you read the other books by Sophie kinsella? These are a few favs..
    Remember Me
    Can You Keep a Secret
    The Undomesticated Goddess
    Lucky Number